cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Deanstenner, sorry you're having an issue with streaming TV. 

How are you testing this? Wi-Fi, or do you have something plugged in with an Ethernet cable?

Blair

Blair.

Its all devices via wifi or cable. 

I ran a lan cable from my android box to my socket on the router. Still stop starts. 

Mobile android box smart tv.

Any iptv hd channel stream stop starts. 

next123
3: Seeker

I've been suffering from issues while streaming video (netflix, twitch) for the past 3 months and thought it was a problem with my wi-fi. I came across this forum and after reading other people's posts realised it's not.

Twitch is unable to maintain 1080p and netflix can't reach 4k. Looking at the statistics it looks like the download rate will oscillate between 2.4 and 2.6 mbps so it looks like it might be deliberately throttled per user.

So just another complaint to add to the pile I guess.

Hi Next, welcome to the club!

Would you mind sharing whereabouts you are located? I'm just trying to gather a bit of data on other affected customers.

I'm located near Telford/Shrewsbury.

I should also say I didn't find any other issues with the connection apart from this streaming problem.

ElwoodP
4: Newbie

Just to add my voice to this I have exactly the same problem. Started noticing with Twitch not being able to stream in the evenings.

Speed test from ookla results in acceptable speeds but any other I get awful speeds down to 2Mbps sometimes. After I turn on VPN speeds go back up and I can stream Twitch.

There is definately some throttling going on intentional or otherwise. I will be watching the thread with interest. If it isn't resolved soon I will leave.

Still marked as solved, when obviously it's not 😕

oh and give John a pay rise :Cry_Laughing:

It is solved. Here are no faults on Vodafone UK broadband.

Slow speed is happening due different company "Cable & Wireless"  fault. 

It is a same like with banks. They rob you off and blamed world crunch (they created).

iRED

Just want to share my experience. 

I signed  with Vodafone last September and after a few days of ups and downs with speed it kind of settled with regards to speed tests but download were hit and miss. As most of my main downloadable content was via steam,origin,playstation etc this seemed to work fine and thought nothing of it. 

Now it seems speedtest results are effetced aswell as other speed testing sites. Not sure how long this has been going on for but with multi and single tests:

I should be getting 60mbps. Steam downloads are grinding to a hault, youtube in 4K has also given up.

vodafone.PNG

fast.com gives me a result of 6.9!

So, poor results across the board. I therefore have taken BT's offer of buying out Vodafone's contract, and going for their current Infinity 2 package at 39.99 for 18 months. Was with BT before Vodafone and had ZERO issues with the 6 years being with them since fibre was avalible in my area. Only switched because of the price. Should of known better! 

Winky666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm experiencing the exact same issues after 6pm with all sevices mainly PSN. I think the main problem here is VF have a speed guarantee which is your sync speed which they're fulfilling but to get around this they're throttling the data in another way to stay in their contract (no discount paid for slow speeds) the service is garbage and unusable regardless of your sync speeds. From 6pm i was getting between 1-5mb from a 36mb line, wake up in the morning and its back to 35mb, this happens EVERY DAY. 

I've managed to sort the issue now, I've switch ISP. 😆

If you're thinking of switching to VF save your sanity and spend a little more and go elsewhere