cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

i 100% agree on this post it is true

i am also leave in vodafone now after lengthy calls to all teams 1  2 and sadley 3 and also to wiche legal voda fone are now alowed me to stop my contract free of charge as they can not help me thanks again voda fone great to see the back off you guys sadly wont be missed

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Heinrich, I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now! If you still have an open fault ticket with our tech team we can check up on the status of this and make sure it's being investigated. I'd advise you to drop us a message on social media as we don't have account access over the forum.

Hi @imran1982 and @gingertips, I'm really sorry to hear you are leaving us! If there is anything we can look into for you please don't hesitate to contact us on social media using the link above - we'd really like to turn this around for you. 

@Evie I had  text message from Vodafone yesterday sying the issue was fixed but low and behold the same throttling happened last night., There is no "fix" becasue you guys are just throttling the network.... I'm going to look elsewhere.

Does anyone else have an issue where video apps buffer, don’t play at all or the app freezes up however speed tests show the speed as being fine? It’s infuriating! Happens on iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and Sky Go on PS4. Netflix works fine every time. It’s definitely a broadband issue/throttling as whenever I switch to hotspot from my phone, the issue disappears.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sully1311 We can take a closer look into what may be causing these issues with these particular apps on your broadband connection. As we'll need to access your account to run some further tests, please can you drop us a message us from Facebook or Twitter?

If you include your Community username along with the link to your post, you won't need to write your query out again.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I get it at peak times 

Cynric

24.6 Down and should be 62.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10853032801

just an update.  around 5 months since i switched to plusnet and NO throttling issues experienced.

This was after several calls to vodafone to resolve - being asked to things like removing the faceplate etc

Not once did they ever suggest an engineer visit or pass it to a more technical team to investigate.

sometimes to resolve the issue, your easiest option is to just move to another ISP.

fwiw, you'll see me waaay back at the start of the thread, I have myself and partner working from home all day plus me streaming twitch at 1080/60 while I work, been rock solid for nearly a couple of years now. This isn't the same issue that was back then.

You'll see that I'm not a shill if you look back far enough, I did have major buffering and I think this was my last post https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/m-p/2627324/h...