cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Cynric and @gipjon - We can certainly look into why you aren't getting the speeds you should be and any drops in connections you are getting.

We'd need to access your accounts in order to runs tests, so please drop us a message on social media with a link to this forum thread to save you repeating yourself, and your landline/account number please 😊

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Evie wrote:

Hey @Cynric and @gipjon - We can certainly look into why you aren't getting the speeds you should be and any drops in connections you are getting.

We'd need to access your accounts in order to runs tests, so please drop us a message on social media with a link to this forum thread to save you repeating yourself, and your landline/account number please 😊

.@Evie I have already spoken to the director's office team. I have been promised that I can leave VF at any time I choose without a penalty fee because my experience was so poor.

As for social media? No! No! No! The questions they ask are too intrusive. I went to the Information Commisioners Office (https://ico.org.uk/) and they advised me not to answer them.

Yep. Network Congestion is noticeable even on Gigabit 200 mbps . It starts sometimes in evenings. I noticed somewhere in December.

I wonder, last two times network was slowing down on Decembers.

One December it was a blame on a Cable in Exchange

Next December it was a blame on a Line Card

December after was a Hot Fix of router software.

And now this December.....  It is certainly not as bad as it was before. But something to think off...

I guess VoodooBone is reducing or reshaping traffic on Decembers. End of Financial Year. You know what I mean....  

Someone on Virgin just left theirs 200 mbps because got upset by paying twice of me and getting twice less throughput.

Truth is in comparison. I keep using VPN

I use VPN. It cures most of problems and generally must have novadays.

On 200 Mbps line here is a speed drop during peak hours. It is not throttling but network capacity isn't sufficient.

I'm getting 200Mbps from West Europe .

Customer services is another story. But Technical  and customer support when you can get through India to UK is good and resolved all issues so far. I renewed contract. I feel VF offering value for money and is ahead of competition

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Winky666 and @Mozambezi 

@Winky666 - Sorry to hear you've switched internet providers, if you're ever considering returning, I'm sure we could get to the bottom of why your speeds were dipping. 
If you contact our Social Media team here @Mozambezi they'll be able to pass security with you and then run a few tests on your broadband line try and improve the speeds you're getting!