cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mozambezi I know I'm guilty at times of skim reading things and so not answering the question;  I was asking where online the average Vodafone user would find a log of their reported fault(s) and the current status (I am aware of your previous thread).

As an example: Three weeks ago to the day there was an incident with the cabinet that provides my services.  That cabinet was out of commission for around 12 hours, but even after it came back on-line my service speeds were heavily impacted.  After waiting more than a week for the DLM to pull the speed back up, nothing was happening and so I contacted Tech support.  After numerous calls an OR engineer fixed the problem for us on Friday.  So using this as an example where would an average Vodafone customer find the progress of thier reported fault within Vodafone's online pages or within Vodafone's apps?

Here is no VF progress tracker. It is why I created separate thread. VF Customer Services are known for fobbing people. Now we can see real situation. Not much really because by look of it all FLT reports on tracker are dealt with.

Poor customer services is part of bad experience. However broadband problems seems getting resolved (slowly) and not ignored. 

IP TV has no traffic management and mostly down to overloaded exchange line cards.

I'm glad your isseis were resolved.

@Mozambezi wrote:

Here is no VF progress tracker. It is why I created separate thread. VF Customer Services are known for fobbing people. Now we can see real situation. Not much really because by look of it all FLT reports on tracker are dealt with.

You really do contradict yourself, you want people to fault ref's on a tracker yet here you are saying VF are known for fobbing people off.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

hey @Mozambezi

can you get an update on my fault please FLT09072429. as i cant 

@gipjon wrote:

hey @Mozambezi

can you get an update on my fault please FLT09072429. as i cant 

I hope you've posted that on Mozambezi's tracker thread as everyone who does, gets magically fixed, although you'll need to go through his diagnostics first don't forget.

Added to tracker. 

@Mozambezi wrote:

If you would read this topic I already said here was a fix on my line.

However blaming VF and not supporting with proof calls libel. You don't have to put your fault reference. But then don't complain from behind bushes what it isn't resolved

I have no need to justify what i say or do to you.

The definition of libel is saying something that is untrue, all what i have said is my reasonable belief and am entitled to my opinion it's called free speech. Google the term "reasonable belief" and it's meaning in law.

I don't give a ##~## what you think, as if you remember you criticised me for going to the register and getting a story ran on them, believing it would have no affect and you "LOL'd" at me, but in actual fact it is having an affect, they have publically admitted that they have a problem on their network this means no one needs to run speed tests and no denial anymore. It seems to me that unless the idea is yours; you criticise everyone else if they don't follow you.

VF have been refusing to raise faults on this subject (don't know how many times I have to say this), therefore most people can not put the fault ref in the tracker, I am in that boat, they refused to raise a fault even though they stated that they know i have called several times over the past few months - they have notes and all calls are logged so they can't deny my calls to them.

I can give you my complaint "ref" CZKT65BK, raised by Mohammed on the 26th Feb, feel free to ask on my behalf how that complaint is going and what is the outcome or when am going to get an outcome, or maybe check it's even real.

Also the media team, I've been contact to speak over email and they will look in to my problem, we're still at the verification stage because i didn't receive a security code to my none VF phone, and they requested other authentication details which have I provided but am waiting on them now.

So let people get on with what ever way they want to do, if they manage to raise a fault and they want to put it on the tracker great, otherwise leave them and don't call people trolls just because they don't have a fault ref or they don't follow what you want them to do, people are free to do as they please.

And stop private messaging me, i have no interest in directly speaking with you, anything you wish to say, say it in public.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content, please see Community Guidelines]

Pixelalated Netflix late Saturday night no 4K because of slow speed about 6Mbps fast.net

Just got off vodafone chat to complain about Netflix

Told me to change Wi-Fi channel to 1,6 or 11 

Use micro filters

4K buffer a bit because of High definition

Use test socket

There is a difference between MB/s and mb/s I was told, I was starting to get a bit lost then.

I sync at 72Mbps on speed test net so quite don't grasp the above on line

I am no expert on networking but can fumble along and work most things out

I use a Netgear Orbi and Satellite and Wi-Fi speed is 60 Mbps all over my house so I know there is nothing wrong with my kit

@tialynn wrote:

Pixelalated Netflix late Saturday night no 4K because of slow speed about 6Mbps fast.net

Just got off vodafone chat to complain about Netflix

Told me to change Wi-Fi channel to 1,6 or 11 

Use micro filters

4K buffer a bit because of High definition

Use test socket

There is a difference between MB/s and mb/s I was told, I was starting to get a bit lost then.

I sync at 72Mbps on speed test net so quite don't grasp the above on line

I am no expert on networking but can fumble along and work most things out

I use a Netgear Orbi and Satellite and Wi-Fi speed is 60 Mbps all over my house so I know there is nothing wrong with my kit

If fast is showing 6Mbps, and speedtest.net shows a higher speed then this issue is the same one as everyone else, the single connection is limited (which is the way video is streamed) so you're in the boat with all of us.

Try pointing the chat people to the article on The Register and see if they confirm you're stuffering the same issue, they should admit it.

Looks like you need to wait for the "fix" VF have said they will apply.

“ Vodafone are continuing to invest heavily in their Broadband network - part of this investment is new hardware. Since it’s installation we’ve seen degradation of services for some of our customers.  We have worked with our suppliers to find a fix, we have identified the root cause & tested a fix within our lab environment. Over the next few weeks this fix will be rolled out to the live Network. Customer experience is key to everything we do within Vodafone, so we apologise for this drop in performance.”

gipjon

Think the weather has put people off going out today .MY internet speed Issues has been about 4mb all day on a 80/20 meg line