main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

4: Newbie

@Nopotatos wrote:

Looks like they arent going to provide a reasonable update as to whether they are making any progress or even doing anything about it. If they were serious about it you would think they would give an update every so often as to where they are at. 

I am off to plus net, hope its better there!

No. Same stuff at Flush Net. Try BT or EE. But EE has throughput throttling for IP TV. Games work like a dream 

Talk F**k worse than VF

Virgin and Sky are best ones if you are in catchment area

View more options
14: Advanced member

you are correct about the free internet

I don't understand how vodafone can charge for a service you don't get

ofcom clearly state customers should be getting compensated for each day the internet is not working

think every one need to contact ofcom if you dont get any 

ofcom.jpgcompansaion.jpg

View more options

Ofcom is  regulating sync and line speeds.  We have no problems with them 

VF is free to manage traffic. It is not against Ofcom 

However you could argue what throughput speeds are well below advertised. And you will be wrong. Those speeds not there when we need them, but maybe 12h a day they are OK. So on average you will get good number.

All fraud is covered up well . You could try to break away for free .   And you will succeed. But if you would have money, would you use VF? BT is almost £15 a month is more expensive and you will get 40-50 Mbps on 80/20 line 24/7

View more options
Administrator

Working with our equipment vendor we believe we have identified an issue and our engineering teams are currently developing and testing a fix. We have details from a number of forum users and have identified one or two suitable test cases which we will be contacting the users about in due course. So far testing has looked positive but to manage your expectations, there are many factors involved when rolling out changes across the network and so when we do prove the fix, it may still be a number of days before it is cascaded to all our nodes.

View more options
6: Helper

Thanks for the update Phil.

Plenty will be waiting with baited breath for this fix.

Can you share any details of what your engineers have found to be the root cause of the issues?

Like many here i would like to know details

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, it would be good if you could at least let us know:

When you start rolling out the fix.

When you believe the fix rollout has completed across all nodes.

Is a re-authentication with the radius server required?

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I doubt that client connections will need to be dropped/restablished as some speedtests, etc work as expected.  The issue is deeper inside the VF beast....

View more options

@mbames

Hopefully all be fixed for when vs 2019 becomes available to you

A long shot, but you never know.

View more options

We can but hope.... sure that is going to be one big download, and will regularly updated too.  :gulp:

I'm noticing my speeds to be cap at an almost perfect 10Mbps now against BT Lancs, where as the VF tester says the internet (more realistic) is just about useless!

vf-33-20190219-2100-speedtests.gifVF vs BT Lancs/Janet

vf-33-20190219-2105-netflix.gif

View more options

Thanks for the update, Phil...

Todays speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

This is the highest I've seen on Fast.com...  Still NNOWHERE near the speed I'm paying for though.

View more options

Streaming, peak and off-peak broadband performance for largest UK providers in January 2019

Vodafone bottom again.

It does mention the forum and this specific topic in the article. So the news is getting to more main stream websites which can only be a good thing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8322-streaming-peak-and-off-peak-broadband-performance-for-large...

View more options

@Shooto wrote:

Streaming, peak and off-peak broadband performance for largest UK providers in January 2019

Vodafone bottom again.

It does mention the forum and this specific topic in the article. So the news is getting to more main stream websites which can only be a good thing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8322-streaming-peak-and-off-peak-broadband-performance-for-large...

How embarrassing... Vodafail should be ashamed of themselves, They SHOULDN'T be allowed to sell home broadband if they're always on the bottom.

I think I'll stick around for at least one more week, then I'm off.

Todays Speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

Seems they've broken the VF server again?

speed.gif

View more options

That's interesting.

"Fix" is in traffic management. If  I understand my tests I noticed

Priority to Netflix . Speed given X2 multiplayer from rest of traffic.

Traffic on 100/100 Gigafast now constant during peak hours and around 12.5% of line speed. IP TV and streams around 25%

Nights seems not managed but on 100/100 I was getting around 65% 

It would be interesting to find out how much throughput you are from Sync speed?

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

It would be interesting to find out how much throughput you are from Sync speed?

I seem to be capped at about 10Mbps (sync of 79995Kbps)

View more options

@mbames wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

I seem to be capped at about 10Mbps (sync of 7995Kbps)

your line sync (capacity) is 7.9Mbps and you are getting 10Mbps. Sounds like full speed. Or you physically can't get more. Technology limitations

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

Sometimes in the low 70s.

View more options

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

On 900/900 ?????

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

On 900/900 ?????

Oops I wish. 72/18

View more options

Line is 80/20. So you are getting about full speed.

View more options

Now on 100/100

Google HTML5 23Mbps

Netflix 8Mbps

View more options