cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

I suspect somebody might call you this week. It would be bad idea for VF do not read wall of shame Tracker

@gipjon wrote:

Think the weather has put people off going out today .MY internet speed Issues has been about 4mb all day on a 80/20 meg line 

Mine now 90/60 Mbps. So far so good. Can't complain since line card fault was dealt with. Use to be max 13Mbps

Still unable to watch Twitch/Netflix.. Come on you useless people.

Can I join in.... But i haven't got a problem have I....

2019-03-03 (4).png

Is Mozambezi trying to get a job with Vodafone?

Or does Mozambezi already work there ?

Under cover op maybe!

Certainly seems to be qualified for the job :Winking_smiley:

@MarkFromPompey wrote:

Is Mozambezi trying to get a job with Vodafone?

Or does Mozambezi already work there ?

Under cover op maybe!

Certainly seems to be qualified for the job :Winking_smiley:

Well he's saying that people on the tracker thread are all fixed so he must be employed by them for him to know the status of tickets... or VF are PM'ing him and breaking DPA giving him info....

Still the same as it always has been since mid november for me - constantly around 3.7Mbps on fast.com but get 49/53Mbps when connected to a VPN.  My router declares sync speeds at 55Mbps - netflix, twitch and iptv all unwatchable without a VPN.  Im on Fibre 76.  Will be leaving on Wednesday and will log my official complaint at the same time.  If it magically gets resolved in the next 3 days, too little too late.

Jimbo

@JimboAccy wrote:

Still the same as it always has been since mid november for me - constantly around 3.7Mbps on fast.com but get 49/53Mbps when connected to a VPN.  My router declares sync speeds at 55Mbps - netflix, twitch and iptv all unwatchable without a VPN.  Im on Fibre 76.  Will be leaving on Wednesday and will log my official complaint at the same time.  If it magically gets resolved in the next 3 days, too little too late.

Jimbo

Good on you, am waiting for a new line on 14th before i quit, i've read that if you complain to the CEO and ask to leave they just cut you off and as i work from home i can't do this, so little bit of a roundabout way but i will be gone by end of month.

And will never have anything to do with VF again, I will also be making sure all my friends and family don't go near either!

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

cant fault you , to be honest i have had about 3mb all day on a 80/20 line , got loads of stuff i wanted to get done today and got nothing done at all , cant get my head around what vodafone is doing and how they have let things get so bad 

@sijones2010 wrote:

@JimboAccy wrote:

Jimbo

Good on you, am waiting for a new line on 14th before i quit, i've read that if you complain to the CEO and ask to leave they just cut you off and as i work from home i can't do this, so little bit of a roundabout way but i will be gone by end of month.

And will never have anything to do with VF again, I will also be making sure all my friends and family don't go near either!

Thay cut you off same day, few hours later when you are leaving.

When you deal with office or customer services you could give them a link on this tracker. Officially VF has 3 weeks to fix it before you can submit 14 days deadlock letter. However now everyone can see quality of service, when logged etc. It will help you break free if you want to

I switched to Vodafone on Friday after being with Sky for 7 years with absolutely no issues - max speeds at all times.  No issues with anything.  Super low pings to any hosted service.

Thought I'd save a few quid changing to 'exactly same' service (as quoted by sales team).

Wow - was I wrong.  What a shambles of a service.  Twitch barely works at 480p.  Download speeds fluctuate wildly depending on time of day.  Support don't acknowledge that there any issues as they just look at the 'sync' speed.

Sunday - I signed up for a transfer to Plusnet. 

Never again Vodafone - never again.