cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

mbames
13: Advanced Member

@giblet wrote:

Thought I'd save a few quid changing to 'exactly same' service (as quoted by sales team).

Never again Vodafone - never again.

Good luck on your escape.... and certainly not the same service.... as I bet you were having to pay extra for caller id too (if you took advantage of that on Sky)

Haven't had a home phone since mobiles came out :Smiling:

New Vodafone Customer here, literally 30mins old. Having the exact same issues with Twitch.tv at least, havent tested Netflix yet but...

Feel free to DM if you want any more information.

There is nothing anyone can do to help you. 

The equipment in the excahnges needs reconfiguring/changing.  If you are happy using a VPN you can get round the issue but you are better off leaving for another provider if you can handle the hassle.

Otherwise you will have to wait.

@Kings wrote:

New Vodafone Customer here, literally 30mins old. Having the exact same issues with Twitch.tv at least, havent tested Netflix yet but...

Feel free to DM if you want any more information.

Leave. Don't get involved

I jumped ship back to BT , no probs whatsoever . However VODA were going to bill me £72 for two year old router and had to return it to my local Voda shop!!!! £72 for piece of ...... 

@bmonty1965 wrote:

I jumped ship back to BT , no probs whatsoever . However VODA were going to bill me £72 for two year old router and had to return it to my local Voda shop!!!! £72 for piece of ...... 

OMG! 

Thankfully if I can't get a straight answer / timeframe from someone i'm within the 30days so i'll probably end up jumping ship just as I got on.

I wouldn't wait to get a straight answer from Vodafone technical support mate (have you seen the moderator comments on these types of posts... they literally don't have a clue).

Just go.

@Kings wrote:

Thankfully if I can't get a straight answer / timeframe from someone i'm within the 30days so i'll probably end up jumping ship just as I got on.

I have spoken with the Directors Office (Customer Relations Team) this morning regarding the current situation and the ongoing problems, they are now confirming there is a network fault and it appears to be somewhere something thinks there is congestion and therefore slows the connection down even though there isn't a problem. (That was a simplified version)

It was actually a good conversation where i fed back all the problem of the customer experience, problems with calling in, denial of problems etc.

They offered me a few options and i choose to take a credit of a months cost, plus removing the commitment of the contract leaving me free to leave when I feel.

The person I spoke to said there was no time line to fix, no one can commit, could be next week could be few weeks therefore he will call me again nearer the end of month.

As I've got my new line coming on 14th, am going to run them side by side for a little while to see if any fix comes within a reasonable period.

Personally I think they have a lot of improvements to make, so if you've just joined I recommend leaving for now.