cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Thank you very much for that post, gives a little more insight I guess. 

Will be taking all opinions on board, and also thinking about the VPN route (was thinking of getting a VPN anyway, regardless)

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how it all pans out and to see if it actually gets fixed.

@Kings wrote:

Thank you very much for that post, gives a little more insight I guess. 

Will be taking all opinions on board, and also thinking about the VPN route (was thinking of getting a VPN anyway, regardless)

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how it all pans out and to see if it actually gets fixed.

Understand, vpn can stop netflix from working though so just to be aware, it's pretty much single connections that are limited, if you download something mostly of the time you don't notice, it's just video / streaming that you notice the most.

Anyway completely up to you what you do.

Interesting in that VF say this is only a small number of customers but I think the problem is much bigger.

This issue is not new. It is not magically going to be resolved - if it was a quick fix it would be solved already.

It isn't worth the hassle IMO.  Get it over and done with and transfer out.

It takes at least 10 Working days to transfer out anyway.  By then I will guarantee that you will be happy to leave :Smiling:

Twitch is enough for me to swap out immediately - I use it more than any other video channel (terrestial or digital) :Smiling:

Yeah I compleatly forgot about the netflix usage in the house actually... that might be a problem.

Do you know the procedure for leaving within the 30 days? is it the same as just contacting another provider or?

Looks like you ring them to notify you want to cancel, then go find someone else.

So far we've seen BT offer cashback through quidco and a mastercard of £120. I believe price was £39.99 pm.

Am taking Zen on, i've read good reviews and they have dropped their prices, am sure others will have recommendations.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/broadband-and-home-phone/vodafone-broadband...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sijones2010 wrote:

I have spoken with the Directors Office (Customer Relations Team) this morning regarding the current situation and the ongoing problems, they are now confirming there is a network fault and it appears to be somewhere something thinks there is congestion and therefore slows the connection down even though there isn't a problem. (That was a simplified version)

Well that does finally sound like they've nailed down the issue - demonstrated very well in my thinkbroadband x1 tests that reduce very rapidly from OK speed in a couple of seconds. Glad they've offered you a solution. I've had 2 calls back from the Indian "DirectorSupport" team, providing them a dossier of evidence between the calls, unfortunately the gentleman didn't understand the issue and quoted "the tech team say there is no issue in your connection speed" both times. I've asked for it to be escalated as not resolved and my complaint isn't regarding the sync speed, fingers crossed it has, as it was difficult to understand the conversation.

Over Life Chat inform VF. Get chat reference. Save copy of chat , cancel direct debit straight away. 

Most likely VF will try to extortionate from you mega bucks . Stay calm.  Provide copy of chat

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that does finally sound like they've nailed down the issue - demonstrated very well in my thinkbroadband x1 tests that reduce very rapidly from OK speed in a couple of seconds. Glad they've offered you a solution. I've had 2 calls back from the Indian "DirectorSupport" team, providing them a dossier of evidence between the calls, unfortunately the gentleman didn't understand the issue and quoted "the tech team say there is no issue in your connection speed" both times. I've asked for it to be escalated as not resolved and my complaint isn't regarding the sync speed, fingers crossed it has, as it was difficult to understand the conversation.

This call came from a UK guy so there is definitely a UK based place that handles proper complaints - not saying your isn't but i think the abroad call centres say they have raised it.

And he got my details from me complaining using their website complaint form, so try that (did take a few days for a call), I'll PM you something as well.

I am the gigafast service and have been having exactly the same issues as basically everyone else.

I must be one of the "small number" affected by the network issue.

I could only get 20 meg in my area so to me having gigafast was well worth the upgrade.

So far it's of course quicker for surfing and other basic tasks, but having to go to the hassle of using a vpn, third party application to get decent download speeds/ streaming is not what i expected i would be needing to do.

I have lost count of the pointless speedtests i have sent through to the tech team. Then for vodafone to finally come clean and admit the issues were there end.

After my last test results sent on 28/2/19  to tech 3 my single speed results (Thinkbroadband) have improved from 1.3mpbs to close to 100mpbs. Still well below the service i am on at the moment.

The knock on effect fast.com results are 1/3 what it was before.

I will be monitoring the forum to see if or when vodafone finally get things resolved (not expecting a quick time frame).

For anyone just joined or within the 30 days get out while you can to save you plenty of time and frustration with a good sprinkle of bs from Vodafone on top.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

After successful tests with a number of live users last week, we’re now commencing national roll out of the fix to each of our nodes over the coming weeks - The first is planned for Wednesday evening.

Vodafone are committed to resolving the performance issues some users are experiencing as soon as possible and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.