cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Hi all, same issues for me.  It's becoming a joke. I'm still within my 30 days, do you think I should cancel and if so will they bill me for my current period? 

@Phil wrote:

After successful tests with a number of live users last week, we’re now commencing national roll out of the fix to each of our nodes over the coming weeks - The first is planned for Wednesday evening.

Vodafone are committed to resolving the performance issues some users are experiencing as soon as possible and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Phill is there a way we can get a date for the fixes in our area?

If nothing is said soon along with a refund, myself and atleast 5 I work with alone are talking about leaving never mind the other 1000s of people still within their 30 days.

@gipjon,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I had made a nice long reply to your findings (with some added points)- It was removed as soon as I posted it to the forums.

Thanks moderators :Thumbs_Up:

If I can be bothered I will retype it up tomorrow & save a copy before posting this time!!!

PS. Moderators if its is not to much hassle (if you don't delete this post) you can pass on to your Tech 3 team I am still awaiting a call back :Thumbs_Up:

mbames
13: Advanced Member

There us the standard lack

of capacity (evening slow down), which will be exchange/region specific 

and 

the ‘line card’ issue - routing, twitch, Netflix, etc

@gipjon wrote:
-

I hope Phil isn't just telling us things we want to hear...

Unless they all just sit in a room in silence and give each other no updates whatsoever... But that wouldn't be surprising. This has gone way past the point of being a joke, it's a clown fiesta. 

They told me they'd call me back two or three weeks ago. But to be honest with you I don't want to speak to any non English speakers.

@Hitchen91 wrote:

Hi all, same issues for me.  It's becoming a joke. I'm still within my 30 days, do you think I should cancel and if so will they bill me for my current period? 

As there is no consistency regarding the fix, support don't seem to be able to say where anyone is and when they will get fixed, along with stories of if it's congestion then it will take months before they add capacity.

It's pretty much VF are forcing the situation for everyone to leave, certainly that's the recommendation from myself.

I think now they are the new talktalk, cheap price and cheap service, it's a shame as they have the size to have a cheap quality product but never mind.

Best find someone new and move before the 30 days are up, I don't think you'll get fixed before hand.

Conclusions are.

1. Everyone in the Tracker thread were contacted and offered solution

2. Solutions were offered:

a. wait few more days for the line card fix for users on tracker

b. leave VF free of charge

People without FLT reference aren't traceable and because of it solution wouldn't be applied to them.

Thinkbroadband.com posted February real speed tests. Not much choice. BT, Sky and Virgin for big bucks. For little money VF is one of better 'cheapo' broadband providers.

I'm staying and I feel I'm getting now good value service

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Hey Mozambezi have you been drinking 

@Mozambezi wrote:

Conclusions are.

1. Everyone in the Tracker thread were contacted and offered solution

2. Solutions were offered:

a. wait few more days for the line card fix for users on tracker

b. leave VF free of charge

People without FLT reference aren't traceable and because of it solution wouldn't be applied to them.

Thinkbroadband.com posted February real speed tests. Not much choice. BT, Sky and Virgin for big bucks. For little money VF is one of better 'cheapo' broadband providers.

I'm staying and I feel I'm getting now good value service

Mozambezi, as we have gone over and over, VF are not raising faults and will say things that are possibly incorrect and misleading just to fob you off and I have fed this back to them.

It isn't fair to say just because you haven't got a FLT number then you have no chance, I never got one but have managed to prove my point and be able to leave, so you're wrong to state that you must have an FLT number and be on the tracker.

It is definitely not a "few" days for a fix, it is weeks, they have announced they will update one node on Wednesday and that is all we know, we don't know how long the node takes to update and we don't know how many nodes there are.

gipjon

I and a few other on here woud like a true update on what is going on please 

phil is saying one thing and tech 2 are saying THIS WONT FIX THE ISSUE

i got a called this afternoon from tech2 about my 4mb download speed every single day at peak time. The advisor said its "congestion on the network and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon. If i can send him speed tests 3 times a day to show that it slows down at peak time  it may help to try and push the issue forward by sending them to tech 3 " ,

,i ask about these updates that phil has told us about with the line card. And node etc

"tech 2 advisors said we don't know yet how these updates are even going to be rolled out yet" but the odd thing was he did say "that it was not going to fix the issue of slow speed " so i don't know what the hell is really going off ,

If any moderator wants to pull the phone call you're more than welcome because this has gone passed a JOKE

I think it is about time you gave everyone free broadband until this is fixed as i don't see how you can continue to charge us for something that we're not getting

It would be like booking a taxi and the taxi does not turn up , and yet you still get billed for the taxi