main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Hey Mozambezi have you been drinking 

View more options
sijones2010
8: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:

Conclusions are.

1. Everyone in the Tracker thread were contacted and offered solution

2. Solutions were offered:

a. wait few more days for the line card fix for users on tracker

b. leave VF free of charge

People without FLT reference aren't traceable and because of it solution wouldn't be applied to them.

Thinkbroadband.com posted February real speed tests. Not much choice. BT, Sky and Virgin for big bucks. For little money VF is one of better 'cheapo' broadband providers.

 

I'm staying and I feel I'm getting now good value service


Mozambezi, as we have gone over and over, VF are not raising faults and will say things that are possibly incorrect and misleading just to fob you off and I have fed this back to them.

It isn't fair to say just because you haven't got a FLT number then you have no chance, I never got one but have managed to prove my point and be able to leave, so you're wrong to state that you must have an FLT number and be on the tracker.

It is definitely not a "few" days for a fix, it is weeks, they have announced they will update one node on Wednesday and that is all we know, we don't know how long the node takes to update and we don't know how many nodes there are.

View more options
gipjon
16: Advanced member

I and a few other on here woud like a true update on what is going on please 

phil is saying one thing and tech 2 are saying THIS WONT FIX THE ISSUE

 

i got a called this afternoon from tech2 about my 4mb download speed every single day at peak time. The advisor said its "congestion on the network and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon. If i can send him speed tests 3 times a day to show that it slows down at peak time  it may help to try and push the issue forward by sending them to tech 3 " ,

,i ask about these updates that phil has told us about with the line card. And node etc

"tech 2 advisors said we don't know yet how these updates are even going to be rolled out yet" but the odd thing was he did say "that it was not going to fix the issue of slow speed " so i don't know what the hell is really going off ,

If any moderator wants to pull the phone call you're more than welcome because this has gone passed a JOKE

 

I think it is about time you gave everyone free broadband until this is fixed as i don't see how you can continue to charge us for something that we're not getting

It would be like booking a taxi and the taxi does not turn up , and yet you still get billed for the taxi

 

 

View more options
giblet
4: Newbie

No.  It's like a booking a taxi and it turns up, but it can only take you to your destination at 2mph as the engine has an 'unknown fault' and the roads are blocked by everyone else in taxis with 'unknown faults'.  :Smiling:

View more options
iRED
3: Seeker

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/button/1551793774680343155-mini.png

 

I get better single download speed on my mobile any time of the day !

View more options
Mozambezi
4: Newbie

@giblet wrote:

No.  It's like a booking a taxi and it turns up, but it can only take you to your destination at 2mph as the engine has an 'unknown fault' and the roads are blocked by everyone else in taxis with 'unknown faults'.  :Smiling:


You are welcome to Londonstan. 

Life isn't fair. Fairness has a price. Leave it.

View more options
sijones2010
8: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:


You are welcome to Londonstan. 

Life isn't fair. Fairness has a price. Leave it.


Can you try again in English?

View more options
EchoChamber
2: Seeker

@gipjon wrote:

I and a few other on here woud like a true update on what is going on please 

phil is saying one thing and tech 2 are saying THIS WONT FIX THE ISSUE

 

i got a called this afternoon from tech2 about my 4mb download speed every single day at peak time. The advisor said its "congestion on the network and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon. If i can send him speed tests 3 times a day to show that it slows down at peak time  it may help to try and push the issue forward by sending them to tech 3 " ,

,i ask about these updates that phil has told us about with the line card. And node etc

"tech 2 advisors said we don't know yet how these updates are even going to be rolled out yet" but the odd thing was he did say "that it was not going to fix the issue of slow speed " so i don't know what the hell is really going off ,

If any moderator wants to pull the phone call you're more than welcome because this has gone passed a JOKE

 

I think it is about time you gave everyone free broadband until this is fixed as i don't see how you can continue to charge us for something that we're not getting

It would be like booking a taxi and the taxi does not turn up , and yet you still get billed for the taxi

 

 



Perhaps you have a different fault, think someone else has already suggested that to you in the thread that there's also local capacity issues.

 

What makes you think you're impacted by this line card issue, aren't all your speedtests coming back as low whether its single stream or multiple stream? 

View more options
gipjon
16: Advanced member

that's a very good point echo chamber .what most customer may or may not know there are difference reasons for the slow speed

i was told to start with my issue is a cable link issue between my exchange and vodafone server

then i was told it was a cable link issue in my exchange

then i was told its not a cable link issue at my exchange because my exchange is somewhere between green and amber and it may impact a little but not to the degree that my speed is dropping on a 80/20mb to 4mb

then i was told it's just a congestion issue on the network

been told the issue with netflix is a routing issue

been told vodafone London is undergoing a upgrade that why the speed is being impacted

so take your pick which issue you may or may not have because some user may have them all or 1 or none

View more options
Mozambezi
4: Newbie

When I was on 80/20 I was told same thing. I got reference number, then chasing through head office and 2 months later had 64Mbps 24/7. BT Openreach equipment was replaced. Please note VF forced BT to fix fault. Initially BT and EE were in denial, as result I left them.

View more options
iRED
3: Seeker

@Mozambezi wrote:

When I was on 80/20 I was told same thing. I got reference number, then chasing through head office and 2 months later had 64Mbps 24/7. BT Openreach equipment was replaced. Please note VF forced BT to fix fault. Initially BT and EE were in denial, as result I left them.


I think we have to take what is said here with a pinch of salt.

 

So what you're saying is we have to try and get a reference number even though this has been proven to be very difficult, go through the process with raising it with HO and then after 2 or so months is MAY be fixed?

 

This may be an issue specific to you but now allot more people are having the same issue that nobody knows what or more importantly WHEN this will get resolved. Just mods giving us vague responses with no real evidence/links to vodafone's website to support this.

 

I was on BT and has a rock solid download speed 24/7 and switch to VF because of the price. Now back to BT on the 14th March and I'm happy they are crediting the rest of my VF contract!

 

I even remoted into my work computer on a BT (all be it business) connection and single thread downloads where exactly the same as multi. Same exchange as well.

 

With such tough competition lately, VF are gonna loose out..but hey maybe the connection will get quicker if everyone leaves!

View more options
Mozambezi
4: Newbie

I agree. I was locked and dragged. But when it was sorted I felt I got deserved bargain. Same solutions applied to Gigafast. £28 a month for 100/100. 2 X IPTV 1080p same time with gaming. It is what I call bargain. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people contacting Tech support do not request a reference number.  Most people are not that interested in reference numbers upto the point where things are so bad that they feel the need to collect evidence to enable them to leave without having to buy themselves out of a contract.

 

The existance of a major system problem does not mean that customers affected by that problem are not additionally going to be affected by other local/individual problems.

 

Specifically, details on the (hopefully) identified systems problem admission are a little vague.  If this issue has been correctly identified then hopefully it will be fixed "promptly". 

 

My personal perception is that Phil has taken on the role of being a customer champion on this.  That he believes there is a problem, and is doing what he can to give the issue the profile that it needs in order to be sorted.

 

I do believe that in addition to correcting the problem, Vodafone should be thinking of compensating customers, and that they need to putting in place systems that allow network issues to be spotted/reported and raised in a more orderly fashion than is currently in place.  Which is a little worrying considering: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/all-closed-cases/cw_0115...

View more options
RIPTwitch
6: Helper

How do I get a reference number? Because I want this fixed.

View more options
Mozambezi
4: Newbie

It takes time. Up to two hours over the phone.

 

Call  in for technical broadband support.

 

Use voice recorder. Ask twice for name and where they are in the world.

 

Do whatever they say. Try not to make foolish mistakes, sort of hang off your phone or damage router while holding it with one hand.

 

It might take you few attempts.

 

Ask for fault reference number. Don't take CZK (complaint number).

 

Once you got FLT, follow it up few days later.

 

Get SMS... Do what been told. 

 

Ask in writing what is resolution of your FLT. If happy, don't forget Thank You.

 

 

 

View more options
giblet
4: Newbie

@sijones2010 wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:


You are welcome to Londonstan. 

Life isn't fair. Fairness has a price. Leave it.


Can you try again in English?


To be fair, I think Mozambezi is probably drinking heavily at this point (as this is the only way he can pretend that this VF service is acceptable) and his responses probably make perfect sense to him.  He seems overjoyed with his broadband, which is fantastic, but his input is of absolutely no use to anyone in this forum.

 

I'll drink to that.

View more options
gipjon
16: Advanced member

The reason why some customers are having the speed issue and some may not be . It may depends which network you are on  .

If any one can remember vodafone had an old broadband network until they decided to sell all its vodafone broadband customers to plus net in 2012.

In 2015 vodafone started selling broadband again and In a statement, Vodafone explained: "Vodafone UK will roll out residential broadband services from spring 2015. The service will be based on Vodafone's existing fixed infrastructure, with more than 20,500km of fibre. Additional coverage will be provided through wholesale and co-location."

What that essentially means is that Vodafone will use its own fibre network where it can, but use BT's infrastructure elsewhere. and then you have to remember vodafone also brought the cable and wireless network.

So i dont think its straightforward like @Mozambezi wrote:

BT Openreach equipment was replaced. Please note VF forced BT to fix fault. 

One thing i don't understand Mozambezi  if your broadband is so good then why are you on here moaning and causing trouble for vodafone . Every one else on here have a genuine issue with speed etc and yes people posts including mine may be interpreted wrong and even get took the wrong way from time to time but the end result is I am trying to help myself ,I am trying to help everyone else and i am even trying to help vodafone even though they are not doing a very good job of helping themself at the moment , I seriously think vodafone need to change the policy how they deal with customers because to be really honest they just don't work

 

I THINK MOVING THE BROADBAND CALL CENTRE TO EGYPT IS THE WORSE THING VODAFONE CAN DO. trying to understand the accent is so hard it will just means more people are going to put complaint in to vodafone and ofcom and write bad posts on the forums  . Not a smart move 

My ref number is FLT09173429

View more options
JimboAccy
4: Newbie

Hi all

Good luck to you all - Im off to Now Broadbands super fibre - just ordered it today as it takes 2 weeks to change over and my 18 month Fibre 76 contract expires 2 weeks today so should tie in nicely with no leaving charges.  I hope the single stream issues for you all get resolved sooner rather than later but having to wait 4 months for the issue to be resolved when Im paying for an IPTV service I cant use is not fun.  Neither is spending most of every day since January checking the forums of your ISP for any potential updates much fun either although I will miss some very helpful and informative people on here but not all :Smiling:  I will not be paying a penny to return their router either, of which I have 2 as I had a problem with the initial one (apparently) near the beginning of my contract and was promised a return bag and one never arrived and I gave up chasing this up so I dare them to tell me they will charge me for returning them.  I will also lodge an official complaint too this evening as a 'leaving present'

 

All the best - wish I could say its been a pleasure but it really hasnt.  Cheapest isnt always the best.  Lesson learnt.

Jimbo

View more options
Nopotatos
2: Seeker

Have moved over to Plusnet now.

someone said it was just as bad there. But it works perfectly. I can now watch IPTV again. 

Thanks to whoever said the comment about believing in Santa Claus and believing Vodafone would fix this.

thats the comment that pushed me to go.

 

To Vodafone, one tip.

try being honest with your customers. And provide updates that mean something. Customers seem to quite like those things for some odd reason. 

 

The phil updates are vague fob offs. And I find them as frustrating as no updates at all.

 

hope everyone else gets their solution soon.

 

p.s. Unlike some. Now I am sorted I won’t be hanging around to troll everyone. Bye 

 

 

View more options
Shooto
8: Helper

Good luck with your new providers chaps :Thumbs_Up:

 

The day is finally here the roll out of the node fixes starts tonight (maybe).

 

Any update on what nodes are been fixed first Phil :Winking_smiley:

View more options