main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

Highlighted
14: Advanced member

Tonight is the night for the last fix 

 

come tomorrow everyone's broadband should be running great unless you have got congestion issues

 

View more options
Highlighted
7: Helper

Come tomorrow the "few people" affected by this issue hopefully it will not be the following:Winking_smiley:

 

"It's all gone Pete Tong"

 

 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Vodafone Bracknell Multi 55Mbps Single 45Mbps

Fast net.com 50Mbps

think Broadband 50Mbps

No Buffering twitch tv at 10.80p

Quick test via Wi-Fi on tablet

East Devon  Exmouth Exchange

So Big Improvement

Hope it holds and the rest of you got the fix last night

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Please have a browse over this:

:~$ traceroute speedtest8.thinkbroadband.com
traceroute to speedtest8.thinkbroadband.com (80.249.99.73), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 vodafone.connect.broadband (192.168.1.1) 6.863 ms 6.846 ms 6.831 ms
2 host-212-158-250-34.dslgb.com (212.158.250.34) 21.240 ms 21.238 ms 21.230 ms
3 63.130.104.198 (63.130.104.198) 18.515 ms 19.515 ms 19.510 ms
4 linx-gw1.thn.ncuk.net (195.66.224.240) 21.200 ms 21.357 ms 21.836 ms
5 te2-1-9.star10g.bdr-rt3.thdo.ncuk.net (80.249.97.17) 25.091 ms 25.087 ms 25.086 ms
6 po4-31.core-rs2.thdo.ncuk.net (80.249.97.85) 27.835 ms 21.130 ms 21.114 ms
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *

 

If I do a whois on 63.130.104.198 it says New York, USA.
Are they routing this through the USA?

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

Also fast.com

$ traceroute fast.com
traceroute to fast.com (2.18.169.16), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 vodafone.connect.broadband (192.168.1.1) 1.095 ms 1.069 ms 1.040 ms
2 host-212-158-250-34.dslgb.com (212.158.250.34) 16.966 ms 17.399 ms 17.507 ms
3 63.130.104.198 (63.130.104.198) 19.495 ms 19.458 ms 20.013 ms
4 ae11-100-xcr1.hex.cw.net (195.89.96.1) 19.991 ms 22.725 ms 22.696 ms
5 ae9-xcr1.lnt.cw.net (195.2.24.161) 22.650 ms ae18-xcr1.lnd.cw.net (195.2.24.157) 22.649 ms ae17-xcr1.ltw.cw.net (195.2.28.150) 22.816 ms
6 ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net (195.2.30.114) 22.965 ms ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net (195.2.30.61) 21.887 ms ae36-xcr1.lns.cw.net (195.2.25.170) 22.607 ms
7 as6453-gw-xcr1.lns.cw.net (195.2.21.42) 23.722 ms 16.353 ms 16.726 ms
8 if-ae-26-2.tcore1.ldn-london.as6453.net (80.231.62.58) 31.438 ms 31.223 ms 30.691 ms
9 if-ae-17-2.tcore1.l78-london.as6453.net (80.231.130.129) 33.433 ms 33.408 ms 30.242 ms
10 if-ae-3-2.tcore1.pye-paris.as6453.net (80.231.154.142) 30.705 ms 31.139 ms 31.125 ms
11 if-ae-11-2.tcore1.pvu-paris.as6453.net (80.231.153.49) 30.103 ms 30.445 ms 32.510 ms
12 if-ae-32-2.thar1.b1d-brussels.as6453.net (195.219.241.10) 33.472 ms 32.141 ms 32.467 ms
13 195.219.227.54 (195.219.227.54) 33.422 ms 33.411 ms 33.586 ms
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *


Are they routing this through Paris, France and then Belgium?

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

does seem to go through a lot of hops 

this is mine if it helps 

 

route.png

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

Today question? who is still not happy.

Who is still getting slow broadband

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Fast.com is a website and not the speedtest server for fast.com so all you're doing is a trace to the fast.com website. . Which could be hosted anywhere 

 

In all of your hops the 63.130.104.198 address is there so I suspect its the peering router based in the UK as it also has UK addresses for admins looks like Vodafone are using old CW addresses some of which might have been purchased from ARIN. Another telltale is that your latency to it is only 21ms which is certainly not going transatlantic. 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

This will be my last post - the day has arrived at last - Im now out of contract and outta here.  Contrary to 'other users' opinions, I have found the exact same broadband and calls package for £6 a month cheaper with another provider so I wont be giving anything 'to charity' or leaving a 'working broadband service' because up until last week, it wasnt.  Anyway that is not the reason for leaving.  Yes my single speed problems were fixed last week (although they have been up n down from 50mbps down to 7 or 8 at times which still appears to be enough to be able to stream without suffering the buffering issue (certainly not seen it drop below 4mbps since the fix) but its the appalling customer service Ive experienced and the fact its taken them near on 4 months to resolve the issue without any recompense (because they exploited the loophole that said the lines were syncing above the speed guarantee) that has left me with no confidence that if a similar problem arises, Vodafone will once again fail miserably.  I shouldnt have to daily spend time on a ISP forum hoping for updates and fixes for 4 months.  I shouldnt have to spend more money on a VPN service to be able to use my home broadband service.  I shouldnt have to incur losses for a streaming service Ive paid for back in August last year for the year that I couldnt, in effect, use for 4 months.  I shouldnt have to challenge my ISPs responses in order to get things investigated and I shouldnt get the impression from my ISP that I am being called a liar.  Thats why Im leaving and I will not allow them to get away without a reputation hit at the very least.  I will submit an official complaint shortly.  Good luck to all existing Vodafone broadband customers and I hope the move to Egypt will not make things worse (if thats possible) from a customer support viewpoint.  I hope the extra bandwidth Ive freed up by leaving the network goes to helping others with theirs lol - use it wisely Vodafone, use it wisely.. hahaha

Jimbo

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi everyone, 

Great news! All nodes have now been upgraded and we've seen a positive increase in traffic on the network. We've also received some positive feedback from our users as well.  

If anyone's still experiencing issues, it won't be the same issue and will need investigating seperately - So please start a new thread and one of the team will be able to help.   

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@JimboAccy wrote:

This will be my last post - the day has arrived at last - Im now out of contract and outta here.  Contrary to 'other users' opinions, I have found the exact same broadband and calls package for £6 a month cheaper with another provider so I wont be giving anything 'to charity' or leaving a 'working broadband service' because up until last week, it wasnt.  Anyway that is not the reason for leaving.  Yes my single speed problems were fixed last week (although they have been up n down from 50mbps down to 7 or 8 at times which still appears to be enough to be able to stream without suffering the buffering issue (certainly not seen it drop below 4mbps since the fix) but its the appalling customer service Ive experienced and the fact its taken them near on 4 months to resolve the issue without any recompense (because they exploited the loophole that said the lines were syncing above the speed guarantee) that has left me with no confidence that if a similar problem arises, Vodafone will once again fail miserably.  I shouldnt have to daily spend time on a ISP forum hoping for updates and fixes for 4 months.  I shouldnt have to spend more money on a VPN service to be able to use my home broadband service.  I shouldnt have to incur losses for a streaming service Ive paid for back in August last year for the year that I couldnt, in effect, use for 4 months.  I shouldnt have to challenge my ISPs responses in order to get things investigated and I shouldnt get the impression from my ISP that I am being called a liar.  Thats why Im leaving and I will not allow them to get away without a reputation hit at the very least.  I will submit an official complaint shortly.  Good luck to all existing Vodafone broadband customers and I hope the move to Egypt will not make things worse (if thats possible) from a customer support viewpoint.  I hope the extra bandwidth Ive freed up by leaving the network goes to helping others with theirs lol - use it wisely Vodafone, use it wisely.. hahaha

Jimbo


Hi Jimbo,

Can you share details of your deal for £6 a month cheaper?  I'm currently paying £25 for Superfast 2 and would be interested to move myself.  I left BT a few years back for Vodafone due to the appalling BT customer service, the foreign call centres for tech support drove me round the twist. Now when I called Vodafone Tech Support I got an Egyptian guy that had no idea what he was doing, asked me to plug my laptop directly into the telephone socket with a network cable, I was stunned. Kept advising me to change the Wi-Fi channel to fix my issues, even though I was using a cable and wait 24 hours for it to work. What a load of crap, people that have no idea about this stuff must get fobbed off constantly. I was also promised a call back the following day, which never happened, still waiting.  I don't understand why companies move to foreign call centres, look at BT, they have now moved almost all back to the UK due to complaints and customers running.  

 

Rob

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I will PM you - I think theres forum rules about not posting other ISP details..

Jimbo

View more options
Highlighted
8: Helper

@JimboAccy wrote:

I will PM you - I think theres forum rules about not posting other ISP details..

Jimbo


PM me as well please.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Thanks Phil that is great news.

Just to clarify, will you be compensating those of us who were affected and had reduced service for several months?

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Ive just realised Rob - you said you are paying £25 - I was paying £32 a month for Superfast 2 and anytime calls so you must be getting a good deal already...  But I have PM'd you regardless...

View more options
Highlighted
8: Helper

Speed seems fine now, but it went offline for over an hour last night. Seem VF need to have a think about how they advertise themselves....

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

Vodafone got some good deals and they guarantee  the speed 

View more options
Highlighted
8: Helper

@gipjon wrote:

Vodafone got some good deals and they guarantee  the speed 


hmmm

Seen as i have my other reliable line in now am looking at migrating the VF line to someone else, just looking for a decent deal.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@JimboAccy wrote:

Ive just realised Rob - you said you are paying £25 - I was paying £32 a month for Superfast 2 and anytime calls so you must be getting a good deal already...  But I have PM'd you regardless...


Thanks for the PM.  I don't need calls or Voicemail, so will look into it, it might work out even cheaper than your deal for me without the extras. Cheers.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@gipjon wrote:

Vodafone got some good deals and they guarantee  the speed 


And it is cheap! 

We are getting exceptional unique customer service too. On top of this Tech Support is reading forum and updating on new and unresolved faults on your broadband.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@Mozambezi wrote:

@gipjon wrote:

Vodafone got some good deals and they guarantee  the speed 


And it is cheap! 

We are getting exceptional unique customer service too. On top of this Tech Support is reading forum and updating on new and unresolved faults on your broadband.


OK, that confirms it. I am 100% sure @Mozambezi is a VF mole.

"unique customer service" :Cry_Laughing:

View more options