cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Another joined the big fix has now failed. how big is this list going to get ?

Shell820810

gipjon
update on mine 
Information and speed test screen shots sent to tech 3 
tech 2 say its not congestion but have absolutely no idea at all. waiting on tech 3 to get back to them 

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Shell820810 @tialynn - Can you PM me with your details so I can confirm if you've had the fix put into place please? 

Phil

I seen a vast improvement after the first "fix" last Wednesday, where my Netflix speed went back up to what I was getting on speedtest.net. I am in northern Ireland. I dont see an option to PM you but if you PM I will reply. I have already put the wheels in motion to migrate. The whole process of trying to find and resolve an issue with Vodafone is too time consuming. I have wasted so much time on other issues, with staff that are reading from a a script and asking you to try things that are not relevant or helpful in the context of the situation, to then fob you off with "an outage" or something else because they cannot resolve it.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I suspect that this fix may have been applied, but now that has a knock on affect of causing everything else to run slowly.... so previously the "throttling" of streaming services enabled everything else to work well, now with streaming working again, there is lack of capacity for other services....

gipjon

Are all the people that are affected are they going to get automatic compensation

when o2 mobile internet went down for a day 02 compensated everyone who had the issue (which was every one ) no question asked it was done automatic , every one was happy no one had to call up and moan and 02 kept it's reputation intact 

fair question to vodafone are you going to do the same for your customers that are affected 

@gipjon wrote:

Are all the people that are affected are they going to get automatic compensation

when o2 mobile internet went down for a day 02 compensated everyone who had the issue (which was every one ) no question asked it was done automatic , every one was happy no one had to call up and moan and 02 kept it's reputation intact 

fair question to vodafone are you going to do the same for your customers that are affected 

hahaha, don't be silly.

6:30 to 6:55am download speeds

fast.com - 7.8 Mbps

Speedtest.net

server - Distance                               single                multi

voda london - 50 miles                      7                       17

voda bracknell - 52 miles                  6                       34

Canterbury - 120 miles                     68                    68

Fareham - 5 miles                              69                    69

labs.thinkbroadband.com                  25                    70

No change at my end. Buffering all the way. Solved only by VPN.

Speeds today on both Vodafone Bracknell and Slough Seacom:

Single 48Mb/s

Multi 56Mb/s

Via WiFi

For me it does not look like its Single speed related, at least for me.

Mark

gipjon

kiszczu there are two more server nodes fix yet to come next one is planned for sunday

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MarkFromPompey am i right in thinking you have had the fix now and the test speed results are what you are nowgetting ,

Very poor for Major telecoms Company that can't Fix there own network within 24 hours maybe they need network engineers that know what they are doing.

Fast.net 4.9Mbps

Vodafone Bracknell 21.00Mbps multi

Vodafone Bracknell 4.97Mbps Single

Twitch TV Buffering 10.80p

same everyday no improvement, after weekend time to start looking elsewhere.