cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

gipjon
16: Advanced member

if you read around the forum there is more of you having the same issue but we are starting to come together as a community because we are all having the same issues over and over and vodafone seams to be washing every thing under the carpet etc also the media team needs to be replaced with more qualified advisers lets all help each other please read and send this post https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/i-have-emailed-the-complaints-team/td-p/2621027

I have recently upgraded from Superfast 1 to Superfast 2.  On Superfast 1 I had no problems whatsoever, upgrade and get buffering.  The only thing that has changed on my network is the speed of the broadband.  This is seriously a problem when people paying less money on a slower speed can watch streams happily with no buffering.  We shouldn't have to use a VPN or lower the quality

Fast.com speeds with a VPN enabled (no buffer for at least 2 hours when I enabled it)  :fastvpn.JPGSlight difference when VPN turned off eh ...fastcom.gif

Jimbo

I just spoke to there complaint department - have no issues with speaking to people from India but this poor lady hardly spoke a word of english and felt the call was totally pointless because she failed to understand anything - I honestly don't think she's even used a computer before,  I'm kinda getting the feeling they want customers to quit there services early just so they can claim contract quitting.

vodafone is just one huge scam - next step has to be Watchdog,   I will be happy just to warn anyone thinking of using this outfit. 

gipjon

a : when you ring up i believe you can ask to speak to the english complaint department at newcastle. like you say the other is a waste of time

b:  hang up and phone again until you get the newcastle complaints department .

i think the complaints have increase recently and the complaints department may not be coping with the demand ,just like the broadband

I am one of you experiencing the Twitch problems. I have had enough and switched providers. Good luck to you all!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right at this very moment I can't connect to anything that gets routed through Vodafones London data centre.  I'm only able to post on here, because I'm being diverted through Vodafones mirror on Amazon Web Services in Dublin!

Twitch TV is completely gone for now (not just the videos the whole site - and yes I've tried with multiple DNS).

gipjon

Had enough of Vodafone , phoned and they said any sites they deem illegal they buffer. Just switched back to BT and although it’s cost me £180 early fees these will be covered by BT BUYOUT SCHEME. DROP VODAFONE!!!. They don’t care about their customers

Buyout scheme?  Why didnt you say so... time to google :Smiling:

Jimbo