cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

mbames
13: Advanced Member

@TJ is there a reference number?  I'll need something when I need speak to the Directors Office about this, otherwise I suspect they fob me off again....

mbames

(duplicate post)

At last!  Recognition from a moderator that Vodafone might actually look into this and not your usual copy n paste script and fob offs... 

Fingers crossed everyone that they fix it soon!!

Jimbo

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Tj wrote Hi all, I've merged most of these threads on this same issue to keep them all in one place and help as many people as possible

Hey tj Is that because you been told to move all the throttling thread in to one thread to try and hide the fact that there is throttling . instead of customers opening the forum and seeing loads if thread saying throttling etc 

mrmarkyuk

Don't let us down,  what's left of the customer base is depending on you...  I don't have much hope but at least it's actually something.

Customer :   Hey Voda are you throttling certain ports...

Voda: Nope (Evil Laugh) 

Unfortunaly myself and others that know a lot of tehical stuff know 100% you are throttling and as gipjon said you are putting all these into 1 thread to make it look less of a problem because we know how your scamming tactics work. 

gipjon

I don't believe a word of that tj . The other thread about vodafone router not working correctly . you said was being investigated by the 3 third line team over a year old . You cant even give any updates or any thing  in a year . A £37 billion pound company  that dont know they own broadband is not working right or the router are not 100% is just bull crap . I was reading a thread from I think was early 2018 and that was supposed to be investigated by the third line team same issue throttling . So vodafone already know why . 

I think I know why 

The reason is vodafone sold all it's customer to plus net when they sold the broadband off in i think 2012 . And when they decided to start selling broadband again .vodafone said they was going to use they own out of date existing fibre cable network and also contract other isp in area where they could not supply etc 

So the only real answer is leave because vodafone are not giving you what you are paying for  or complaint to Ofcom or both 

gipjon

Found the post 

In a statement, Vodafone explained: "Vodafone UK will roll out residential broadband services from spring 2015. The service will be based on Vodafone's existing fixed infrastructure, with more than 20,500km of fibre. Additional coverage will be provided through wholesale and co-location."

What that essentially means is that Vodafone will use its own fibre network where it can, but use BT's infrastructure elsewhere.

Full story here 

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/news/broadband/vodafone-is-about-to-start-selling-broadband-00039

mbames

"Its own fibre network", is essentially the Cable & Wireless Worldwide network.  In essence they bought an old, out of date network and probably haven't upgraded anything and the results are obvious to see today: It is pants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17810568

I mentioned before I'd been running some tests with a friend but I hadn't posted many actual results. To recap: she is in Leamington Spa on Superfast 1 (40/10 sync). I'm in Prestatyn, North Wales on Superfast 2 (72/20 sync). We both use ethernet connections.

This is my friend using Vodafone London (37.59/9.00)

This is me using Vodafone London (20.82/18.82)

This is me with BT Preston (66.77/18.69)

Images for each, first my friend:

And now my two:

So two people using the same destination at the same time of day get significantly different results. Despite me having the (in theory) quicker Superfast 2 my results are markedly worse than someone on Superfast 1. It isn't a local issue becasue I'm getting full speed on BT Preston.  In both cases I get pretty much full speed upload.

This is just one of many similar examples some of which are considerably more dramatic (such as fast.com) but it's harder to post proof here. I considered if it might be some routes being congested but in some of the tests the routes are identical between my friend and I apart from the initial hop.

My only conclusion is that VF network has (for whatever reason) decided I should get a slower connection to some destinations compared to my friend. As to why, well draw your own conclusions on that one.

mbames

You & friend should both tracert to speedtest.vodafone.co.uk

and see which gateway you are going though.  generally it is the second hop.

C:\Users\matth>tracert speedtest.vodafone.co.uk

Tracing route to speedtest.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.159.229] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.100.254
2 7 ms 7 ms 9 ms host-212-158-250-33.dslgb.com [212.158.250.33]
3 23 ms 32 ms 8 ms 63.130.127.221
4 10 ms 10 ms 12 ms 213.185.195.233
5 * 213.185.195.233 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.