main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

60,000 fec corrections every 3 seconds and really slow speeds

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

I was with SSE broadband on standard fibre no problems or issues hardly no fec errors or any other errors ,  i got the stable sync speed of 33.6 mb for the length of the contract. , 

My Vodafone live date came and i went from 33.6 with standard sse to 22 meg with vodafone max . Over the last 5 weeks the best sync was 27.9mb and the worse sync speed is 16mb , I had 4 bt openreach engineers here thats has run checks and says there is nothing wrong at all with the line etc , .

The other thing is when openreach reset my line and i plug the router back in i don't get any errors for about 4 hours , This has been the same for the last 3 reset when the router was plugged back in , after about 4 hours i start getting somewhere from 30,000 to 60,000 fec corrections every 3 seconds on upload  

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

openreach been 3 times cant find any faults

sync speed crap

router drops internet every day 

new vodafone router sent , still the same issue 

friday the 4th jan

bt came out 4th visit reset my line D L M and still can't find any faults on my line the vodafone router sync speed are

on the 4th jan was 27mb

on the 5th jan was 26 mb

on the 6 jan was 24 mb

on the 7jan was 21 mb 

UPDATE

Took notice what vodafone Moderator joe said about there is a issue with the vodafone router and that we're currently investigating and awaiting further updates from our Third Line team.

THE FIXS 

BT came out 5th time and reset my line D L M again and still can't find any fault  ,

we plugged in a non vodafone technicolor tg589vac router as agreed with tech2 as a test and the results are here the start sync

On the 8th of jan 2019 was 27mb ,

On the 10th the sync was 29mb ,

On the 12th the sync was 31mb .

On the 14 the sync is 33mb and 7,6 meg up

First time in 8 weeks we have a sync above my minimum guaranteed speed of 27mb  . The technicolor tg589vac does seem to make the internet more responsive  60,000 fec corrections has gone from 60,000 every 3 seconds to 82 per day so far ,

and yes vodafone did get me a third party router ( a non vodafone one and before any vodafone moderator says no they did not read my account   ) 

View more options
9 REPLIES 9

Most evening my connection runs about 3 to 6 mb download and around 6 upload . I keep getting sorry the webpage took to long to load 

View more options
4: Newbie

If you have access to one it is worth trying a 3rd party modem router (not vodafone).  I had the same issue got 2 routers off Vodafone both with the same issue.  Switched to an Asus modem router and don't get the errors.  Upload speed instanly increased from 4mb to 6.5mb.  

View more options
2: Seeker

It seems to be something unique and deep seated in the Vodafone router firmware, sadly. The only real solution is to ask for your username and password and move to a 3rd party router. I had the same problem early on and DLM slaughtered my line. 3rd party router and 18 months later, very low errors and DLM has slowly relinquished its stranglehold.

There is a very long running thread about it here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/High-FEC-Corrections-and-CRC-errors-on-upstream...

View more options

@gipjon Hi there, this is an issue we're currently investigating and awaiting further updates from our Third Line team. As soon as we've got any updates we'll update the other thread posted by @f_250swb. Joe

View more options

moved to the next post 

View more options

openreach been 3 times cant find any faults

sync speed crap

router drops internet every day 

new vodafone router sent , still the same issue 

friday the 4th jan

bt came out 4th visit reset my line D L M and still can't find any faults on my line the vodafone router sync speed are

on the 4th jan was 27mb

on the 5th jan was 26 mb

on the 6 jan was 24 mb

on the 7jan was 21 mb 

UPDATE

Took notice what vodafone Moderator joe said about there is a issue with the vodafone router and that we're currently investigating and awaiting further updates from our Third Line team.

THE FIXS 

BT came out 5th time and reset my line D L M again and still can't find any fault  ,

we plugged in a non vodafone technicolor tg589vac router as agreed with tech2 as a test and the results are here the start sync

On the 8th of jan 2019 was 27mb ,

On the 10th the sync was 29mb ,

On the 12th the sync was 31mb .

On the 14 the sync is 33mb and 7,6 meg up

First time in 8 weeks we have a sync above my minimum guaranteed speed of 27mb  . The technicolor tg589vac does seem to make the internet more responsive  60,000 fec corrections has gone from 60,000 every 3 seconds to 82 per day so far ,

and yes vodafone did get me a third party router ( a non vodafone one and before any vodafone moderator says no they did not read my account   ) 

View more options

update 29/01/2019

On the 14 /01/2019 the router sync is 33mb and 7,6 meg up . 

On the 22/01/2019  still sync at 33mb and 7.6 up now has the uptime of 7 days with not one drop on sync or wifi 

On the 29/01/2019  still sync at 33mb and 7.6 up now has the uptime of 14 days with not one drop on sync or wifi 

well if this is not proof then I don't know what is

View more options

13 feb 2019 update 

uptime 29 days no dropps or issue apart from very slow speed at evening time cause by the vodafone network

router 3.jpg

View more options

UPDATE 

2 MONTHS LATER ,

still not had a single drop 

sync speed is still the same 

no wifi issues with i think 23 devices connected now 

View more options