Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Abysmal broadband speed

wezlyons
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been on Vodafone Superfast 2 for  three months now and I'm at the point where I'm going to phone customer services in the morning and pay whatever it takes to get away from this horrendous service.

For weeks now I've suffered steadily decreasing speeds, especially at peak times.

I'm lucky if I get over 8mb.

Naturally Vodafone try and fob me off going through the usual rigmarole of trying to say its an internal network issue.

I install networks for a living, I know exactly what the issue is.

The issue is congestion at the cabinet but Vodafone don't want to admit this. 

They say "your router is syncing at 72mb so everything is fine, it must be something inside your home".

I've enclosed some screenshots of this evening's lightening fast speeds.

2 REPLIES 2

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/new-ofcom-code-of-practice-for-uk-broadband-isp-speeds...

* Providers must now show the line’s MGALS download speed before sale (at present you only receive the MGALS figure upon request).

* Providers will be given 1 month to resolve a problem where the speed falls below the MGALS level and if they fail then the customer must be allowed to exit their contract, penalty free.

Presumably you had a speed quoted?

pbjacko1950
4: Newbie

I was guaranteed 52mbs but have never had this, i went on their app, did the testprovided in the app which then triggered a response  they are investigating and i'll get 15% off my bill. Obviously this isn't what you want but it might trigger your complaint ?