main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Advice to terminate contract due to slow download speeds

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Seeking advice on how to terminate my contract early - have only been with Vodafone fibre broadband for 1 month but am consistently getting poor download speeds during the evening peak.  Anywhere from 2 to 5Mbps between 6pm and 11pm.

Been in touch via twitter and am quoted the min download speed is met (26.5) due to the sync speed to the router being higher (44.2) and therefore no option to terminate without a fee.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Hi @Vodaslow 

Totally appreciate your frustrated with this.

From 》 What-should-I-do-if-I-m-having-problems-with-broadband-connectivity.  

" When your broadband is installed, we'll optimise your connection to ensure you get the best possible speed. However, doing this can sometimes cause some short drops in service or unexpectedly slow speeds for the first 10 days and in extreme cases up to 30 days. Please don’t turn off or reset your router during this time. "

I would suggest to carefully look at the Terms-and-Conditions  and at the advice in Broadband Speeds  which gives advise on why they would cancel Broadband.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
16: Advanced member

As has been pointed out, you need to follow the dispute procedure to get out of the contract without a fee!

However, with your contract to hand, you'll see that you have a guaranteed download speed, not a sync speed, if Vodafone try to tell you the two are one and the same, then you need to point out that they are not.  This has already been confirmed by OFCOM.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks for the advice, I showed Speedtest results with download speeds below the minimum but they didn't acknowledge this and pointed back to their line test sync speed. Am looking to raise a formal complaint now.

View more options

If you'd like one of our team to take a look into your broadband speeds @Vodaslow - please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options