main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Another Sync Speeder not getting the guaranteed speed

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm afraid I'm another one whose sync speed falls way short of the 25Mbps promise of Superfast 1. So far:

1. I've talked to two tech guys in Egypt who promised me a new router that never turned up.
  2. Plugged into the master socket behind the faceplate.
  3. Been on the LiveChat with the usual pointless "split your SSID" (I am using the wired port only) and "Google DNS" settings. He promised to send me a router as well. That never turned up either.
  4. Had a phone call from tech when I was out one day to tell me it had all been solved. When I got home it was exactly the same.
  5. Never moved above 16.5Mbps Sync Speed.
  6. Reported it via the VF Broadband App. Apparently they are looking into my claim. For about 2 weeks now.
  7. For three weeks, I've been blatantly fobbed off, lied to and cheated at every turn to cover up their downright lie of a guarantee.

I've had enough Vodafone. It's clear breach of contract. Your customer service is nothing short of gaslighting. 

View more options
12 REPLIES 12
4: Newbie

Yeah.... someone from Voda will be along shortly to tell you to reach out to Twitter / Facebook support.This too is a waste of time!

I feel they just try to  delay past the 30 day free cancellation period. I'm tempted to get out now. 

View more options

@urbanian It's a shame to hear of the experience you've had and as part of our customer promise, we want to get all of you concerns addressed immediately! Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username and as soon as a member of our team has picked up your message, we'll get this looked into right away 🔎

View more options

It's a shame to hear of the experience you've had and as part of our customer promise, we want to get all of you concerns addressed immediately! Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username and as soon as a member of our team has picked up your message, we'll get this looked into right away 🔎

@Loz. Today I checked the speed guarantee pane on the MyVodafone app. It told me that "I do not qualify for the guarantee". So. more lies, more scams, more utterly terrible customer service. Issuing meaningless platitudes about customer service IS NOT ACTUALLY customer service. Your customer promise is completely worthless unless somebody actually does something for the customer apart from lie to them.

CS on FB messenger eventually got back to me today. To ask more security question (incliuding 2 I had already answered and which were displayed just above where they asked me again. Here's a clue: nobody in their right mind would perform Identity Theft in order to talk to Vodafone customer services. None of us want to. We all accept that things go wrong and are more than willing to give hard-working call centre staff a break, but most of us have been on this hellish nightmare of a customer journey for at least 4 weeks and everything is exactly the same as it was when we began.

View more options

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 17.50.23.pngYesterday's shocking speeds 1Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 17.52.29.pngYesterday's shocking speeds 2

View more options
View more options
15: Advanced member

@Loz The problem with the above is going to be that the sync rates will appear healthy, but that the throughput is somehow being restricted (I'm not going to say throttled as that suggests it's deliberate).  While I've seen it here - since returning from my holidays.  The one time it's hit me here in the North East, it looked very similar to the issue from November last year, with our connections within the UK being routed via Manchester and then Dublin rather than VF London!  

View more options

@Loz wrote:

@urbanian It's a shame to hear of the experience you've had and as part of our customer promise, we want to get all of you concerns addressed immediately! Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username and as soon as a member of our team has picked up your message, we'll get this looked into right away 🔎

So I did as you suggested @Loz - last Friday. On Tuesday, I was asked for more security questions and answered them them on Wednesday morning. Have not heard back from them. 

At least one customer support person I spoke to on the phone told me I was still on my old Unlimited 38 plan, however. I can't help wondering whether the salesperson who upgraded me to Superfast 1 actually did that at all? I know btw, that Superfast 1 is essentially the old plan rebranded, but it has the speed guarantee and I think that Vodafone should stand by that. According to the My Vodafone app, I am not eligible for the discount. No reason given, but I'm either on the plan with the guarantee or I'm not. I'm certainly paying for the plan, why am i not getting either the speed or the guarantee? Something doesn't add up here.

View more options
15: Advanced member

They use the sync speed between your modem+router and the OpenReach cabinet to determine if you are eligible for the discount.  Which all sounds great, until something else goes wrong and you have a decent sync speed, but the download speeds are crippled!  Download speed is not the same as sync speed!

View more options

Spoke to someone from the FB team on the phone on Thursday evening. He insists that I do NOT have a guaranteed sync speed of 25Mbps. He directed me to the More info link and it says:

35 Mbps average download speed

Superfast 1

25 Mbps guaranteed minimum download speed or money back

Unlimited broadband usage

18 Months minimum term

Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub

6-month free trial of F-Secure SAFE

Phone & broadband line rental included

Vodafone broadband router included

In the blurb that follows it says:

The Ultimate Broadband Guarantee is our promise to maintain a minimum sync speed, or provide you with money off until it’s fixed. Your sync speed is the speed delivered from the local exchange to your broadband router.

On Superfast 1 the Ultimate Broadband Guarantee minimum sync speed is 25Mbps, while on Superfast 2 it’s 55Mbps.

If you experience a lower sync speed than we guarantee, you’ll be eligible for a 15% discount while we attempt to get your speed up to or above our Ultimate Broadband Guarantee threshold. If we’re unable to do this, then you’ll keep getting the 15% discount and we’ll talk through your options with you.

If you’re eligible, you’ll see a redemption button in the Vodafone Broadband app, just under your sync speed. Tap on this button and your 15% discount credit will be applied to your monthly broadband subscription costs.

So, I had a button in my Vodafone Broadband app, but now i don't. 

What the hell is going on here? Taking a contract out with Vodafone is like volunteering for a misinformation campaign. They swear blind that it's not 25Mbps, but 20Mbps, all their advertising says Superfast 1 has this sync speed guarantee, but half their staff say it does not or that I am magically ineligible for it. It's either cognitive dissonance or misleading advertising. So what is it Vodafone? A trip to the psychiatrists, Re-Education Camp or a quick call to the Advertising Standards Authority?

Can we have someone from Vodafone not to apologize for how disappointed I feel (it's gone way-beyond that now), but to EXPLAIN, without any kind of deceit or sleight of hand, what the actual case is? In English. 

Promises to get back to me will be rightfully ignored until: a) you actually do; or b) the end of time, whichever is the sooner.

View more options

An update on my sync speed. After my official complaint was taken up by "The Office of the Director" (of what, i wonder) an openreach engineer was sent out to me this morning. I now have a sync speed of 0 Mbps. That's right, nada, zilch, zero. 

He finally found a cause of the problem and changed my fibre port, which sounds fun. Only to be told that there is now a 24 hour Open Exception on my line. I have no idea what this means except that I have no internet. At all.

I am now using a tethered iPhone over 4G to post this comment. It's like we're living in the future, eh?

View more options

@urbanian This isn't good to hear at all! I know just how important it is to stay connected and I'm sorry you've had this experience with us so far, which has resulted in you raising a complaint with us! We'd love the opportunity to get all of your concerns addressed immediately. Please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options

I 'reached out' on facebook 3 days ago - no one's got back to me yet, but perhaps they're using your broadband too.

Current speeds... Screenshot_20190914_204101_com.chrome.beta.jpg

View more options