Apple AppStore throttling

minimumspeed
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m a new broadband customer and AppStore downloads are chronically slow 

is this a common and known thing?

i signed up for the Superfast 2 

atm it’s slower than my Plusnet 34MB connection by a long way 

my google WiFi router shows that I’m only pulling down apps at 4mbps .. even though sync speed is 40mbps 

I can download stuff faster using 4g 

also, I’m speed testing at only around 35mbps... from day 1 I am using an OpenReach HG612 modem and a google WiFi router which has been perfect with Plusnet 

any tips?

my service only went live on 1st July but I ordered back in may. Is the cooling off period from activation date as I think I’d rather just go back to Plusnet due to this bad first impression 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @minimumspeed 

There are some help tips in ofcom.org.uk/broadband-speeds  and in Vodafone's own help thread Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs.  There is also the dedicated Vodafone Broadband Team telephone number in the link to be abke to call them for support.

In regards to cancellation.

Take into account it can take around 10 days for the speeds to settle. In extreme cases around 30 days but then remember your out of your cooling off period.

This link explains what you'll have to pay for in regards to what's been used and Vodafone would send you a Returns Pack for the router.

I-want-to-cancel-my-home-broadband-service. 

Contact Us. 

I believe your 14 days cooling off period would start from your activation date as per "Changing your mind - If you have changed your mind you can cancel your order by contacting us within 14 days of your Service Activation Date (“cooling off period”)."T&C's Broadband-and-home-phone/from-july-2019. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just adding to what BoB has already said, but if you contact tech support for help - and they may be able to - then you have to use the Vodafone modem/router.  If you are at all network competent then the VF modem/router is a terrible piece of kit, but it's the only kit they'll support.

*When you joined you should have received a letter with some minimum speeds in it.  40Mbps on Superfast 2 would (from memory) be close to or below the minimum speed at which Openreach would not offer the Mode 17A the service relies on!