main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

BROADBAND SPEED

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Vodafone, BT, etc... Can only guarantee me 7-8 Mb whilst any of these providers offer my neighbours guaranteed speeds upto 35Mb. How is this possible. We live on a small cul de sac and we are one of the first houses. But any other household on this close can get higher speeds.

Anyone has any ideas

Thank you

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Have your neighbours run speed tests via one of tne speed tests such as Ookla Speedtest.net and shown you the results first hand @Jeroen08  ?

Are they testing via a wired ethernet connection or via Wi-Fi.

There are a few parameters that can affect speeds such as how far your away from the 

Street Cabinet.

Sometimes a cabinet has been over subscribed.

ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/broadband-speeds. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I haven't seen the test results from my neighbours. I had a look on uswitch. Com where I noticed that my neighbours can get a better speed then we can

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Online checkers are usually for indication of what can be achieved @Jeroen08 

I'm with BT for example and what is suggested using their and other various online checkers are different from what I achieve which in my case is actually better download and upload speeds than suggested.

My connections are purely Wi-Fi too so via ethernet connection I might even get better speeds - might.

This is why I suggested checking in with your neighbours who are using Vodafone Home Broadband to see what they achieve in the real world.

As I said the Ookla is the option I use to test my speeds.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

If you want to compare speeds in your area using a map then you could try https://broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk 

It is reliant on people using it.  Which when you see the average on the new build estate I'm on is just 15Mbps (and via ADSL it'd only be 2-3Mbps here) there are a large number of slow connection surrounding me! 

View more options