Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BROADBAND SPEED

Jeroen08
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone, BT, etc... Can only guarantee me 7-8 Mb whilst any of these providers offer my neighbours guaranteed speeds upto 35Mb. How is this possible. We live on a small cul de sac and we are one of the first houses. But any other household on this close can get higher speeds.

Anyone has any ideas

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have your neighbours run speed tests via one of tne speed tests such as Ookla Speedtest.net and shown you the results first hand @Jeroen08  ?

Are they testing via a wired ethernet connection or via Wi-Fi.

There are a few parameters that can affect speeds such as how far your away from the 

Street Cabinet.

Sometimes a cabinet has been over subscribed.

ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/broadband-speeds. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I haven't seen the test results from my neighbours. I had a look on uswitch. Com where I noticed that my neighbours can get a better speed then we can

BandOfBrothers

Online checkers are usually for indication of what can be achieved @Jeroen08 

I'm with BT for example and what is suggested using their and other various online checkers are different from what I achieve which in my case is actually better download and upload speeds than suggested.

My connections are purely Wi-Fi too so via ethernet connection I might even get better speeds - might.

This is why I suggested checking in with your neighbours who are using Vodafone Home Broadband to see what they achieve in the real world.

As I said the Ookla is the option I use to test my speeds.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to compare speeds in your area using a map then you could try https://broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk 

It is reliant on people using it.  Which when you see the average on the new build estate I'm on is just 15Mbps (and via ADSL it'd only be 2-3Mbps here) there are a large number of slow connection surrounding me!