main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

Broadband Slow Speeds

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have had Vodafone for nearly 2 years now.   My Minimum speed was meant to be 25Mb however it has never achieved that with it normally sitting around 18Mb.  To be honest I have never bothered to claim my discount as 18Mb whilst not great was more than enough to do cope with our internet and occasional streaming.    For the last two months however, the speed has reduced drastically to a constant 10Mb and I have claimed my discount in the last month.   Whilst the discount is all well and good it does nothing to alleviate the problems we now have with the internet connection which is now affecting our streaming as well as day to day usage.,   The vodafone app says the discount will apply until it is fixed but it seems like the discount actually is much more effective than actually fixing the thing.    I dont believe it is anything to do with throttling or if it is Vodafone are throttling it 24 hours a day because it never goes above 10.5Mb.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @JDFegan, it's great to hear you've claimed your discount; nothing beats getting fast speeds though 🚀 So we can run some diagnostics on your line, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
Highlighted

Despite help from Vodafone an absolutely no help from Openreach I am at a loss what to do.   I now know that following a visit from an Openreach Engineer the problems I am experiencing are due to a corroded cable in the cabinet.  Openreach Engineer says that openreach wont repair it becuase by the end of 2021 we will have fibre.   That is still at least 20 months away.   The only hope is if there is some way that Vodafone can force Openreach to do the work but I am thinking this is very unlikely as the standard response on Vodafone chat is that its ok you can leave without penalty.  Which to be honest is as much help as a fart in a spacesuit especially as I am out of contract in any case.   Openreach appear to be a law onto themselves and Vodafone (and probably other providers) are very unlikely to go out of their way to push any issues.   It is a comfortable set of bed fellows that they all make.

View more options
Highlighted

Try Andrews and Arnold, they are not cheap but are great at sorting this kind of issue out.

https://www.aa.net.uk/

View more options
Highlighted

@JDFegan We would need you to send us your details over our social channels in order to take a further look into this for you :Thumbs_Up:

View more options