Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband compensation

ashleigh9008
4: Newbie

I have been without broadband for 17days now!! Was told yesterday 3rd line are sending a new router which i was told from the start was not the problem. My broadband came on there for 30minutes maximum and has now cut back off!! I have spoke to an agent online about compensation and was told they will offer me £12!! I have read on ofcom website that they are part of the scheme which should be £8 per day that the service was lost does anyone know if this is correct?? The adviser told me that is not a thing and they can offer me no more than £12. They wont let me leave without a charge and they also dont seem to want to fix the problem either!! I will be making a further complaint about the lack of service within this company!!

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

MSE (MoneySavingExpert) say Vodafone are not part of Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme, but you can still use MSE's tool to complain.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/broadband-and-tv/cheap-broadband/#complain

Edit: Link corrected thanks to Cynric

Cynric

@Jayach I don't know what you did with that URL but it launches the wrong website. So I've done it again for you.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/broadband-and-tv/cheap-broadband/#complain

Jayach

@cynric, Thank you, I don't know how I did that either, think I must have been trying to reply on 2 different forums at the same time.

jackie60
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I get the appropriate compensation for no broadband or land line for 60 days and 4 missed engineer calls?

I have been offered £80 !!!

Many thanks

Hi @jackie60, is your broadband and landline service now up and running? Was it our Customer Care team that offered you the £80 credit? If so, were you given the next steps if you decided to reject the credit? 🙂

Hi yes broadband is up and running. The £80 was given as a good will gesture not compensation. When I rang Vodafone after the broadband was fixed I was told I would get compensation after 30 days but the handler couldn’t tell me how much. I haven’t received anything. Today I was told that I had more than normal as I should only get £40 which is what I should pay for 2 months broadband. And I had on,ly been without a service for just 2 months !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies @jackie60, I think there has been some confusion here. A gesture of goodwill is considered compensation. If you're unhappy with the amount offered, I'd recommend speaking to our Customer Relations team. They are the highest level of escalation within Vodafone and will be able to discuss this further with you. You can find their details here.

gipjon

Sorry to say but Jack is right . That's a first for me saying a vodafone moderator is correct. 

And just to make a point as far as I know vodafone have not joined the auto compensation scheme run by Ofcom . It was delayed because of covid 

So £80 sounds more than what is offered normally

Plan b would be ask Customer Relations team for a deadlock letter and try to take them to cisas if you want more money