Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed after 7pm - shocking

maccapacka75
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For the past week or so, after 7pm, my home broadband drops to below 5mpbs (download) .I have raised this with online support twice and their scripted response is non-existent in terms of a resolution. It's that bad I have to end the 'chat' session before I lose my temper.

My home setup is fine, I average 45-50mbps (download) all day, every day; I also work from home, as does my wife, we're both on video calls while both kids are on Zoom and doing school work. No issues, no buffering perfect.

Clocks chime 7pm and it grinds to a stop.

Wifi and hard-wired  ethernet from the router same result; Okta speed test, Wifi man, all the same, and from multiple devices; iPad, windows laptop, Samsung phone.  All ping tests after 7pm, show latency. 

It is 100% a capacity, over-subscription problem, although the 'engineer' from VF tells me my 'line is clear'; Yes, it's clear but there is no bandwidth.

Sooner my contract runs out the better.

37 REPLIES 37

This forum is a place to vent, and for mods to post auto replies while ignoring the information supplied by customers. 

Vodafone have an official complaints page where you can raise your issues here: 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

Their customer promise pledges that they will respond within 48 hours, and as soon as I hear back about mine (lodged about 72 hours ago) I'll let you know. In the meantime there's always Ofcom.

I also lodge complain on 22nd June 2020..still waiting for reply or call back

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @maccapacka75 , if you're constantly getting dropping speeds at a set time, it sounds like something could be causing this. Please reach out to us on social media so we can run some tests for you.

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK 

Same issue shocking, all Vodafone keep saying is that they will monitor the line for 72 hrs and don’t get back to you.

rang today to cancel and they said an engineer will be out tomorrow!

already had the master socket replaced, line from house to junction in the road replaced, the one common denominator here is Vodafone broadband. It’s like a chocolate fire guard.

looks like I’ll be paying to leave early and move back to BT!

Take a look at the number of people complaining of the same ‘evening capacity’  problem....

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is worth pointing out to you guys if you read the ads and your contracts Vodafone promises you a DOWNLOAD speed, NOT A SYNC SPEED.  So If you are not getting the promised DOWNLOAD speed, no matter what your SYNC SPEED you have cause to complain - if necessary to the regulator!  This has been pointed out to Vodafone by the regulator on previous occasions.  Even If it's the MODS that get this wrong, then point it out to them.

The contract and VFs Terms and Conditions can be your friend!

Hitting an all-time low of 2mbps currently

Tell me about it, it’s like watching the game on prime via a Zx spectrum

My speed is currently less than 5mbps...during the middle of the day.

OK, now I don't feel so bad with getting my 74Mb/s download drop to 18Mb/s as soon as 7pm hits. I know it is not as bad as some people but in my previous house with plusnet I was hitting >70Mb/s all day and night when I can bothered to check (not a lot as it was working perfectly). I'm troubleshooting now because I had trouble playing Netflix (not even full HD as I was running on a 1366x768 screen).

If I recall correctly, I still cancel within 14 days, right? Because I'm not having this nonsense for the next two years.