main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Broadband speed has halved

1: Seeker

Hi

Please can you advise why my broadband speed has more than halved in the last 2 months?

I have been getting 35mb consistently for the past 8 months, but now I only get 12mb.

I originally signed up for 76mb, but the the speed i was getting was only 35mb, and now I am only getting 12mb.

It is ok giving me a discount on by bill every month for not getting the minimum speed, but this is now almost unusable, I was getting faster speeds when I was using a standard adsl connection.

Nothing has been changed with my line or router, so I am struggling to understand why my speed is now so poor.

Am I able to cancel my contract if I am not getting the service I have signed up for?

Thanks

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
10: Established

Vodafone are finnally aware -  it only took them 2 months to acknowledge they have a problem,   they are fixing things (but don't hold your breath). 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/2619260/...

View more options

Hey @Dazzaf, I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband. Are you experiencing this issue over Wi-Fi only, or on a wired connection too?

One of our team will be happy to take a closer look into this for you and help to diagnose the problem. So they can do this securely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

This might be of help to you ?

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options