Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed not even meeting minimum gauranteed speed for seprfast 2

shahnawazatuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got superfast 2 internet which has 67 mbps speed but i have never even got 30 mbps speed. Most of the times it don't even match minimum gauranteed speed of 27 mbps. Both ethernet and wifi goves maximum speed of 25 mbps. Have tried to chat with agents but it is of no use. They initially told that for first 10 days speed will fluctuate. But now still after 13 days speed is very less.

62 REPLIES 62

Jayach
16: Advanced member

When you joined they should have given you an estimate of your expected speed.

Also the speed Vodafone refers to is sync speed, i.e. the speed your router connect to the internet at, not download speed.

Post your routers stats like this:

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate78725 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate78540 kbps29418 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.6 dB11.9 dB
AttenuationDS1 9.2 dB, DS2 22.6 dB, DS3 35.2 dBUS0 2.0 dB, US1 15.6 dB, US2 25.2 dB
Power12.7 dBm4.9 dBm
CRC Errors in last 46499 minute(s)288159

What does the BT checker say your line should be capable of?  BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

gipjon

it only takes 10 days for your line to settle to get full speed according to Openreach 

remember there is a 14 day cooling-off period if you go over 14 days you can not leave, 

what speed is being quoted here 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

This is what the site says I can get. Nowhere near what I was quoted. 3 weeks in to contract and the speed drops to 3 or 4mb

Screenshot_20210721-164614_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scanty81, It looks like the image shared is a screenshot from a phone  so the the speeds provided are through a WiFi connection. As these can be affected by interference outside our control, please confirm if your speeds improve when using a wired connection. Or pop us a shot of your sync speeds taken from our broadband app and we'll be able to offer more help with this.

I'm already in the process of having my line monitored, so hopefully that gets me somewhere. Thanks though

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news @Scanty81, it sounds like everything's under control with this 👍 If there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are 😊

gipjon

Line monitoring won't lead anywhere   and message for mark the screen shot you spoke about is of the openreach system and has nothing to do with wifi.  

What sync speed are you getting . The openreach system is saying between 32 and 50 with a min of 27meg 

This was through the app speed test on my phone. You expect slower speeds through WiFi, but all I have actually wired in I my xbox and that's giving the same speed results when I check on there. Hoping I don't have to pay for an engineer visit in the end. 

Screenshot_20210721-185321_My Vodafone.jpg

gipjon

What is the sync speed the picture will take upto 2day to clear