Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed not even meeting minimum gauranteed speed for seprfast 2

shahnawazatuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got superfast 2 internet which has 67 mbps speed but i have never even got 30 mbps speed. Most of the times it don't even match minimum gauranteed speed of 27 mbps. Both ethernet and wifi goves maximum speed of 25 mbps. Have tried to chat with agents but it is of no use. They initially told that for first 10 days speed will fluctuate. But now still after 13 days speed is very less.

62 REPLIES 62

6.5Mbit/s download and 4.9Mbit/s upload with a ping of 35.0ms. Not great really is it?

gipjon
16: Advanced member

That's stupid . You need to ring up because your sync is below the minimum guaranteed speed which means vodafone should send you out a free engineer to check your line out as you clearly have issues and you would better to put a complaint into vodafone as well 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/home-broadband

They scheduled engineer visit but engineer never arrived. I chatted with vodafone and they told that engineer tried to call but call didn't go through. Later they provided L2 team number and they told that engineer visited building and fixed something from outside and need not visit my apartment. After this sync speed moved from 26 to 29.6. But all third party speed test still show speed between 24-26 mbps through wifi and LAN both. Anyways I have left Vodafone now. 

Jayach

@shahnawazatuk wrote:

Anyways I have left Vodafone now. 

Hopefully Vodafone agreed to you leaving without penalty, or they may try to charge leaving fee.

Do let us know who you go with, and what speeds you get with them. It's always useful to know if another provider can give better speeds on the same line.

Good luck.

Yeah, sorry. I appear to have hijacked your thread. I'm going to give it the couple of days they requested, and see where it goes from there.

No problem. Hope your issue gets solved.

Jayach

@shahnawazatuk wrote:

No problem. Hope your issue gets solved.

@Scanty81 It confused me for awhile, before I realised there were 2 people posting. LOL.

Update on my situation, had an engineer out. They were getting 100mb at the cabinet, 40mb at the end of my street, and 7mb at my house. Dug up the street, did some magic, and I now have 26.8mb in the house. They said there's still a problem that they need to look into, but at least I'm getting fairly decent speeds now

7 at house means possible 56Mbps as its a divisible by 8. 8 bits per byte etc.

Yes, it is without penalty as I have escalated just after 10 days. I just have one last query, when Vodafone says that it is superfast 2 fibre then in rouer settings why it is showing finre status as down while DSL status as connected.

shahnawazatuk_0-1626984191757.png