Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed poor!!

ashleigh9008
4: Newbie

My broadband from wednesday has been basically none existent i am on superfast 2 and i am getting a speed no higher than 2.6! I have spoke to 4 different people and carried out all the tests they have told me 4 different times to then be told the speed is showing at 80mb at there end and there must be a break in the line somewhere. They now want me to carry out the test again at 3 different times tomorrow and send screenshots to then be told it will be reviewed in 3-5 working days!! I have never had an issue like this has anyone else? I am looking into a new provider as the customer service from vodafone is very poor they should be trying to keep customers not chase them away!!

23 REPLIES 23

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ashleigh9008, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your speeds. We're unable to go into specifics over the forum for your security, so please get in touch with our social media team here, for more account specific troubleshooting. But to narrow down the problem for you, are you using a wired or wireless connection? It's strange for the agents to see such a difference to what you're experiencing.

You should be able to see your sync speed through the Vodafone Broadband app, does this match what the agents have advised they are able to see? Can you attach a photo to the thread of your most recent speed test and the sync speed in your Vodafone Broadband app? Thank you

They sync speed on my app matches what vodafone can see also. I am using both wireless and wired connection and receiving the same speed. I have spoke to 5 different people now regarding this and still no help. I am now being asked to provide screenshots to prove the speed drop over morning afternoon and evening to which i have with no change. I am now currently looking at a new provider as this has now been a week and the customer service i have received is a joke!! 

Hi @ashleigh9008, have you sent us a message using Twitter or Facebook? If you've sent the screenshots using one of these platforms, the team will review this and get some tests run on the line.

I sent the screenshots to the email address the tech team provided to then be called this morning and told these cant be accepted as my broadband was down at the time this i dont understand as i managed to take the screenshots from the website so obviously there was a connection! They have been very unhelpful with this situation i should not have to be sitting a week without broadband due to a fault that because they cannot see on there end and i have a working phone line they are just pushing off and telling me all the same steps i have now repeated 6 times!!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@ashleigh9008 Have you tried speedtests on a wired connection?

Edit. Oops sorry I missed you said you had tried wired.

Yes tried that and still a speed of 0.38mbps but vodafone see a speed of 80mbps which i have never had anyway! Still have a dial tone on my landline and also no fault in my router they can see from there end.

Jayach

@Ashleigh9008 Could you log in to the router and show us what your line specs are. They should look something like this from my THG3000.

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate79314 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate80136 kbps29088 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.9 dB11.6 dB
AttenuationDS1 9.1 dB, DS2 22.2 dB, DS3 34.5 dBUS0 2.1 dB, US1 15.3 dB, US2 24.7 dB
Power12.8 dBm4.6 dBm
CRC Errors in last 1421 minute(s)0270
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of bytes in RS code word)100
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)0.09800.3819
D (interleaver depth)81
Delay0 ms0 ms

This is what it shows.

Screenshot_20200916-190319_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200916-190328_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jayach

With those specs there is no way you should be experiencing low throughput. If it was a problem on the line their tests should have discovered it so that leaves a fault at your end.  I would switch off the Wi-Fi and only test wired with just the testing device connected. If you still get low throughput it would seem to indicate a faulty router. Try with more than one device and different cables if possible to eliminate those.