main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Broadband unusuable speeds

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I moved over to Vodafone from Sky which worked fine for 4 years. My service with Vodafone was activated on the 4th and router was set up for then. It is now the 11th and my speeds have been so slow it has been unusable. Download speeds have consistently been below 0.05 Mbps and upload speeds below 18.4 Mbps. I have contacted support via online chat 3 times who were completely u helpful; two people telling me to complete instructions that were literally impossible to complete as they were not available via the 192.168.1.1 page (look for a forgotten password button that doesn't exist) and one who, when contacted on the 8th, informed me my broadband wasn't being activated until the 10th and it would be working fine from then. This has obviously not been the case. After another unhelpful conversation with the online chat team I decided to phone. The woman I spoke to said that what I was experiencing was unusual and that she would look into it and get back to me within half an hour. I never received a call back. So far I am completely unhappy with my experience with Vodafone. I have tried all options put forward to me and when those don't work, no one has any answers for me. I asked if it was potentially a problem with the router itself as sync speeds are at 75 Mbps as was guaranteed, but the speeds I'm actually getting are basically nonexistent. I would honestly just like an answer at this point and my patience is wearing thin with being patched off and told to wait for a service I am paying for but haven't received at all in the week that I've had it while being given zero answers as to why this is or if it's being solved. Customer service has been almost appalling as the actual service I'm paying for. 

5 REPLIES 5
2: Seeker

If you still have the chance cancel it ...it does not get better 

View more options

I'm getting the impression you're absolutely right. What absolute waste of time. Worst service I have ever experienced. 

View more options

Yup sure is ... Honestly you still qualify for the cooling off period do yourself a favour don't hesitate the cancellation. SKY were ok when I was with them the speed was consistent at all times .... My next move is a 4g router I'm done with fix lines after this shambles

View more options

Reading over the forum has convinced me. Don't want to be stuck on this shambles for months on end. Will be switching over today. Had it with the lack of any sort of communication or service. Thanks for confirming for me!

View more options

I would have cancelled too straight away  but they couldn't find my account apparently ...it's been a long few month 😂 take care and enjoy those new found speeds you sign up  for 👍

View more options