main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

CAN'T WATCH NETFLIX

Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

I can not watch netflixs all it does is nothing 

if i ping netflix its comes back very high 

netflix.jpg

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
5: Helper

It's a known issue, they're "working" on fixing it, still no updates though )))

Turning your router off and on 21r34v623 times won't fix the problem, so don't bother.

Live chat also won't help nor will talking to somebody on the phone. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/2619260

Welcome to VodaFail.

View more options

Can I ask how long will it take to fix . I just been reading some threads dated over a year ago back at the start of 2018 and a vodafone team member said we are currently investigating this issues . That means it has taken over a year so far to investigate the issue ( some thing is off here )

View more options
10: Established

It's taken a year to fix because vodafail would not listen to customers they just wrote it off as a user end problem,   it's only now it's been taken seriously because customers are leaving in mass.

for now use a vpn that stops vodafone throttling the bandwidth - a good free one to use is https://protonvpn.com  - the good news is since this issue has started vpn sales have gone up!

View more options

i contacted netflix and netflix said this also happen last year with vodafone customers . netflix also said that it was going to investigate it , and if any other vodafone customer has the same issue please let netflix know

View more options
10: Established

It's not a netflix issue, it's the way vodafone are routing traffic 

Once you use the vpn it fix's the issue because it takes a totally differnt route - vodafone won't admit it but i'm fairly certain they are Bandwidth throttling to save £££ then claim it's a customer issue - but there's nothing wrong at netflix's end. 

View more options
 @mrmarkyuk

I agree it's probably more a routing issue  Vodafone end.

The routing specifically through cw.net is chronically slow.

This issue doesn't happen via a VPN connection as it bypasses vodafone terrible routing.

View more options

that would seam correct shooto and mrmarkyuk because netflix own words was  "  You can use a different provider if you have doubt about Vodafone throttling Netflix. " 

View more options

The VPN option I have doesn't help me if I am using Amazon Video for streaming as I encounter "this title is currently unavailable" or "this title isn't available in your location" messages.

I have encountered a couple of times via vodafone "you do not have enough bandwidth to play this video". I had to tell my child you can't watch paw patrol at the moment lol.

View more options
3: Seeker

The location message will be down to the vpn   Make sure you still connect to a uk server.

View more options
12: Established

When I was in the office yesterday, netflix resolved to the IP address shown by gipjon, but today, at home, mine is resolving (via google dns) to a totally different address.  At work I think interoute for connectivity.

the route for me today 

Tracing route to www.nextflix.com [46.17.101.37] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.100.254
2 7 ms 5 ms 5 ms host-212-158-250-33.dslgb.com [212.158.250.33]
3 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 63.130.127.221
4 8 ms 8 ms 40 ms ae15-xcr1.slo.cw.net [195.2.2.217]
5 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae21-xcr1.hex.cw.net [195.2.8.233]
6 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms lag-10.ear1.London1.Level3.net [4.68.72.93]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 17 ms 17 ms 23 ms 213.19.194.155
9 20 ms 21 ms 19 ms 185.8.179.21
10 42 ms 32 ms 20 ms 185.8.179.25
11 18 ms 20 ms 22 ms 185.53.163.43
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms 46.17.101.37

Trace complete.

Looks much more sensible than the one posted above which seemed to be heading to the US.... dodgy DNS settings too?

View more options

@mbames

Far fewer hops as well. Some light at the end of the tunnel?

I will try the same test when I get home later to see what results it throws back.

View more options