Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Confused over speed on new contract.

NewtonBoy
4: Newbie

Recently signed up and being activated next week.  When they checked my address/number I was offered two options:- Superfast 1,  35Mbps and Superfast 2, 63Mbps.

I went for Superfast 2.

Got the paperwork today and it says this:

Min download speed 35

Max download speed 54.7

Min guaranteed speed 32.4

What should I expect?  The max 54.7 is lower than the 63 I signed up for.  The minimum guaranteed 32.4 is lower than the 35 Superfast 1.

15 REPLIES 15

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @NewtonBoy 

Great to hear you've spoken with our tech department! Although your speeds may have slightly dropped momentarily, make sure you keep your router connected via the test socket for the full amount of time recommended by our tech team. This way they'll be able to run the most accurate tests on your superfast home broadband, and get to the bottom of your issue as quick as possible.

Once you've had router plugged into the test socket for the recommended time, get back in touch with our tech team or contact us on social media here

If you need anything else, feel free to drop us a post 😊

Speed went up to 30.9 overnight Weds/Thurs, still the same today.   Does the ten days stabilisation period include activation day?  If so, I'm on day eight and the speed is yet to reach the guaranteed minimum, let alone the Superfast 2 guarantee of 55.

Hi @NewtonBoy 👋 that`s right the 10 days start from activation, if you are still not at the guaranteed minimum speed after this has passed please can you get in touch with our social team here, where we will be happy to look into this further.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@NewtonBoy  Do be careful with the number of days. I got caught like this and tried to leave one day late. Activation day is "day 1 of 14", even if on day one you had poor or no line speed. When I tried to leave the person at VF didn't know if activation day was "zero" or "one" and had to ask a supervisor for clarification.

Well I'm on day 11 (counting activation day, June 5 as day one) now and the app still says I'm in the 10 day stabilisation period.  I'm up to 35.7 now, still below what I was getting from Sky.  Above minimum speed guarantee but below the Superfast 2 one.   

Brentwood
4: Newbie

Hi, im on superfast 2......my speed most of the time is 1.5mb/s YES THATS NOT A TYPO.......1.5 mb/s download.....been that way for nearly 4 months. Can I get Vodaphone to fix it?....er.  NO !....