main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Consistently slow upload speed, less than 1mbps

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Since installation a couple of weeks ago my VF fibre broadband service has been much slower than I expected. I'd like an explanation of why my upload speed is so slow (I create and upload/share content, and need cloud backup, so its important). Less than 1mpbs is not useful.  Further, when I do upload anything, my download speed collapses to zero.  

I have also noticed, conveniently for VF, I seem to be completely excluded from their speed guarantee... sharp practice. 

Any advice? I'm using ethernet to the router, not WiFi. No phone extension cords. Have a new master socket with separate data plug. Same speeds at all times of day. Reboots and router restarts make no difference. All speed test services return the same test results.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

I wonder if your router's provisioned properly @mez68, if you've had this speed issue constantly since you were connected. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I have the same problem, except mine works perfectly up to about 17:00 then slows down to even less that 1mbps.  It's so slow the the BBC iplayer doesnt work well.  Looking at this forum on other threads, that's not unique.  

Does local loop unbundling apply to fibre optic broadband?  If it does, it would explain why it stops working in the early evening when my connection is competing with many other service providers.  I use to get much better and consistent service from Sky ADSL.

View more options