main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

Consistently slow upload speed, less than 1mbps

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Since installation a couple of weeks ago my VF fibre broadband service has been much slower than I expected. I'd like an explanation of why my upload speed is so slow (I create and upload/share content, and need cloud backup, so its important). Less than 1mpbs is not useful.  Further, when I do upload anything, my download speed collapses to zero.  

I have also noticed, conveniently for VF, I seem to be completely excluded from their speed guarantee... sharp practice. 

Any advice? I'm using ethernet to the router, not WiFi. No phone extension cords. Have a new master socket with separate data plug. Same speeds at all times of day. Reboots and router restarts make no difference. All speed test services return the same test results.

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if your router's provisioned properly @mez68, if you've had this speed issue constantly since you were connected. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have the same problem, except mine works perfectly up to about 17:00 then slows down to even less that 1mbps.  It's so slow the the BBC iplayer doesnt work well.  Looking at this forum on other threads, that's not unique.  

Does local loop unbundling apply to fibre optic broadband?  If it does, it would explain why it stops working in the early evening when my connection is competing with many other service providers.  I use to get much better and consistent service from Sky ADSL.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @NetworkDK, even with the LLU running alongsode your fibre package, you shouldn't be receiving speeds as bad as that. Can I ask you to drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into this with you please?

View more options
Highlighted

Have spend sometime with Vodafone support, the issue has been defined as a problem in my local exchange.  I have subsequently reached a commercial agreement with Vodafone.

View more options
Highlighted

Tried working with VF customer support here but they are not in the slightest bit interested in helping. They ONLY measure broadband performance on DOWNLOAD speed!  Upload speed is completely ignored. As long as my download speed is > 11.4mbps then "everything is fine".  I find this incredibly blasé. What if a customer's upload speed slowed even more, to zero?  "Everything is fine" according to VF!  

My VF broadband is rubbish simply because of its 900kbps upload speed. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Did you get in touch with us via one of our social channels @mez68, as previously advised? So we can run some diagnostics on your line. 

View more options
Highlighted

Did you see my response about coming to a commerical agreement with Vodafone?

View more options
Highlighted
View more options
Highlighted

Yes I had a conversation with VF support via twitter. That is where I got the brush off!  The diags showed I was getting the minimum download speed of 11.4mbps, but they were unable or unwilling to do anything about the sub-1mbps upload speed. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

I understand how frustrating that must be @mez68 - pop us another message over and make sure to provide a link to this thread again. I know you've been in touch a lot of times now and apologise that you seem to be going round in circles. I've asked if we can get this looked into by an Engineer if possible. 

View more options