main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Constantly dropping connection

Highlighted
4: Newbie

I've been with Vodafone BB for almost a year, and have never achieved the speeds promised, but I do (I think) get a discount as a result.

Over the last months, the Internet is frequently dropping out, eg, I'll be using my mobile on Internet, and I'll suddenly get a notification 'switched to mobile data', or, I'll try and watch something on the laptop, and fail. Vodafone decided it was the router, so sent me a new one, but the problem still exists! Please Vodafone, sort it out! 

View more options
21 REPLIES 21

@FloozW In that case, it's likely it's not the router that's the issue then and we'll need to run some further tests to fix this. So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

Thank you Josh, I will make contact, again. The lady I spoke to last time (who arranged the new router) said she would call me after a few days to see if the problem was resolved, of course, that hasn't happened. 

View more options

Well Josh, as you suggested, I made contact via FB, on 22nd July, but I'm still waiting for a response... 😕

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch with us over Facebook @FloozW 🙂 Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, our social channels are a little busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to get back to our customers, as quickly as possible. Rest assured, a member of our team will get back to you as soon as we've picked up your message. 

View more options

I hope so @Loz as I'm getting a little fed up with it. 

View more options

And I'm still waiting...

If this is typical of the customer service, then I'll be leaving as soon as contract is up! 🙄

View more options

Oh that seems strange @FloozW! Can you please send over a private message now on Facebook, confiriming your Forum username and I'll be able to locate your message 🙂

View more options

Thanks for answering @Loz, I have now sent a FB messenger message. 

View more options

@FloozW Great news! As soon as a member of our team have reached your message, we'll be sure to assist you further. Thanks for your continued patience 🙂

View more options

Well Loz, I did get a reply to the FB message, asking for details of the problem, and that was the last I heard! What do I need to do to get a decent level of customer service? Give notice to leave? 🙄

View more options

Apologies for the delay getting back to you @FloozW, we're a little busier than usual here on the Social Media team at the moment. Has anyone contacted you since you last got in touch? 

View more options

Hi TJ, no, I've not heard a dickie-bird...

I had a chat with an adviser in my local Vodafone store, described the issues, who thinks it may be the Internet, or the router. I did have a replacement router, but the problems still exist... 

View more options

Hey @FloozW, There's some home checks we can do which can provide you with better speeds. Where in the house is your router positioned? Is there anything surrounding the router that could interfere with your broadband connection i.e. Microwaves, baby monitors, refrigerator, mirrors, cupboards etc? Does this happen on a wired connection? What kind of master socket is the router plugged into i.e non-filtered or pre-filtered? Could you have knocked the micro filters or router while vacuuming for example? Is there any damage to the micro filter? Has there been any road works in the street near to your cabinet? All of these can impact your WiFi experience. 

View more options

Thanks for your response DaneB. I have gone through this previously, and there appears to be nothing that could impact on the signal. The router is on the ground floor, in the dining room, placed on a wooden unit, and no electrical interference. I live in a small village, on a narrow road where roadworks are a rarity.

There is a filter plugged into the socket, which is situated behind the wooden unit, and I can't get there with the vacuum (don't judge, there's more important things to housework 😂).

I've seen that Vodafone now use a different router/hub, is there any advantage to upgrading? 

View more options

Thanks for confirming that @FloozW. Are you having trouble just over Wi-Fi, or on a wired connection too? It's strange that no ones replied to you on our social channels, did you pop your username and link to this thread in your message? 

View more options

I don't have any wired connections, my phone, pc, speaker all operate on WiFi. Most of my use is my phone, which frequently 'switches to mobile data', (i purchased a new phone, but that's made no difference), and the Vodafone shop has confirmed that will be because the WiFi signal isn't good enough. And yes, previous social media messages have referred to this forum, but it hasn't made any difference. I received a response (eventually), asking about the problem, to which I replied, but have heard nothing since!

Given that I'm likely to give notice at the end of my contract now, can you please confirm that my BB contract doesn't automatically renew, it automatically becomes a rolling contract with a straightforward notice period? 

View more options

Thanks for the update @FloozW - has anyone been in touch since? You're correct, when your contract's up it'll continue on a 30 day rolling basis. If you move providers, they'll usually contact us and put in the disconnection (but do double check). 

View more options

Still nothing! This really is an appalling level of customer service. 

View more options

It's very strange that no one's been back in touch in such a long time @FloozW, I'll get someone to track down your post and get back to you as soon as possible. 

View more options