Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DLM reset and banding query

jonohanson1
2: Seeker

We've had an issue on our line which I believe has been resolved, my line should take in the region of 70mb/s, however at present I am syncing at 49.1-49.9.  Can you please reset the DLM to allow my line to re-profile and confirm I have no banding on my line.

I have tried to speak to someone (anyone) through Tobi but you're always too busy.  Still within my 14day cool off (re-contract, not new) so will leave if this is not resolved soon.

Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

One little tip that's worth trying is that if you can turn the modem/router off for more than an hour it's not going to have any detrimental effect on DLM, and MAY (not a promise) allow the line to come back up to full or at least higher speed when you turn it back on!

Regards actually getting customer services to do anything, I swear if you told them your cat was coughing up a fur ball they'd tell you to split the SSIDs!  It does seem though that if you can contact them via facebook or twitter you've a far better chance of success!

depends on your definition of success lol.. If success means they tell you thetres nothing wrong and to change your wifi channel even though you've told them several times that your connected to lan..i even had 1 last night asking me to turn wifi off completely to see if it was that.. i said i'll log into my router and turn it off.. they said it doesnt matter press the wps button on side of router as that disables wireless.  i said you do know thats just so you can disable securoty for 5 mins and not to disable wifif..2 mins of silence later they said oh yeah you are right (in an indian accent obviously lol).. its ajoke but luckily for me i found the solution..
https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jonohanson1 If you're still having any further issues with your connection, please do drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help improve your speeds. If you include your Community username and a link your post, you won't need to write out your query again and we'll get straight to the bottom of this.

thats there reply to everthing over 2 weeks now full of promice ( ring backs etc ) all they say is split your wifi channels  im running wired  and it also runs on a gigabit network all round my house so why the hell do i want to split my wifi channels when i use wired ! i have 5 kids at home that need to do there school work and collage work on line but are unable to do so due the ther crap internet  but never mind split your wifi it will fix it ! 

Yup, defo not my network, I run standalone AP's for anything that's wireless and ethernet everywhere else.

jonohanson1

Thanks Vodafone, all now sorted.

OR did some digging, the OR engineer then came back and spent a while in the cabinet.  Speeds have gone from high 40 D/15U to 80/20.  Very  happy :Smiling:

It did take a couple of prompts on chat, but we eventually got there.

Hi, ive been trying for 2 months to get my broardband speed back to 55mb/s most nights its 2mb/s. Ive had about 35 chats with them. Nothing works.

Just what do you have to do to get them to fix it ?????

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Have you spoken to our Social Media team @Brentwood? If so, what did we advise?