Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disillusioned with Vodafone - 900mb service - < 500mb actual

felix_the_cat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just recently upgraded from what was a great 500mb service to the newly discounted 900mb package.  During the upgrade call - I was "sold" the Apple 4k tv & 900mb product which was then subsequently withdrawn (another story) - so I ended up with just the 900mb "deal".

So, 3 days on, I'm still waiting to see these fabled high speeds - my current ethernet is up to date, capable of 1gig etc etc - but my speed is showing as 200-300mb CABLED. Checking wifi on my iphone 11, I get 480mb, so something is clearly wrong.

I've logged this with complaints, as I really do feel let down by Vodafone, first the apple tv fiasco, and now paying the upgrade to have a speed that's exactly the same as the 500 service.

Incidentally, Vodafone guarantee an AVERAGE of 900mb speed - which I find highly debatable that they can deliver.

Overall - I'm genuinely thinking about moving back to Sky FIbre and they're slower but more stable speed and service.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for our delay in getting back to you @felix_the_cat I can see you've advised this has been raised to out Customer Relations team. As they're our highest escalation point, we're unable ot look into this here. So we can help you further with this, please continue to discuss this with our Customer Relations guys and I'm sure we'll get everything resolved.

vectraturbo
4: Newbie

did you get it sorted in the end ? 

still fighting with them at the moment im lucky if i get 70 down but still getting 900+ up  worked fine for first few days  had nothing but trouble and all you ever get when you speed to them is wait 48 hours " send us speed tests " 

carries on much more  they can stick it where the sun dont shine and ill go back to virgin only been withthen around 7 weeks now and spent 6 of them on the phone but they are more than happy to take payment from us  (not any more lets see how long it is before they ring me saying payment has gone through this month ill lay odds it less than a day but carnt ring back when you have a problem  

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vectraturbo I've replied to your other post - we'd really like the chance to resolve this for you.