main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Download Sync speed now at 5.2 Mbit/s on Superfast 1

Highlighted
3: Seeker

After getting 29.6 or 29.7 Mbit/s early in contract, and seeing the sync speed slowly sink to 24.6 yesterday morning, it suddenly dropped to 4-5 Mbit/s yesterday afternoon. I see that only one other person has reported a similar issue recently on the forum. I've reported it on the Vodafone app but getting money off is hardly helpful. I've also had from the outset several brief disconnects each day lastly typically 5 - 10 seconds. I am hard wired to the router, but had the SSID split, but have just joined them again. Makes no difference - didn't expect it to. Can anyone point me as to what I can do to maybe kickstart the system again, or will that simply make it worse? Is it likely a router problem or something else?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
3: Seeker

Help from moderator please!!. Tried Live Chat and found, as others have found, that "scripts" used by support are totally deficient. They assume everyone is using Live Chat on a Mobile Network. So told to remove ethernet cable from mastersocket and plug into test socket - but of course this would have cut off my live chat. Fortunately I had already moved it to a test socket - and I had already advised that. It had made no difference there. Download Sync stuck at 5.2 Mbit/s. But after being told to then press the power button to switch off router/modem and wait until told to switch back on again I pointed out I was using the PC for the live chat and that it would cut the connection. No good,. Still told it "would defintely not cut the live chat". Had enough then so did as instructed. End of chat. Please can someone help. I have noticed that my SNR Downstream is at 20.5dB when it used to be close to 6.0dB.

View more options
3: Seeker

Amendment to above. "ethernet cable" should just be "cable".

View more options
15: Advanced member

Well, it looks like you are measuring the sync speed correctly, and have done EVERYTHING possible to rule out a problem on the house side of the master (and underlying test) socket.  All you can really do is badger VF to run some remote tests on the connection and then have an Openreach engineer sent out.  Before making that call I would get a flask of tea or coffee ready, something to snack on, and maybe some soothing music!

 

*I wish there was a recording of my chat with VF tech support:  The exasperation in my voice must have been tremendous when a "tech" suggested that the cure for a digger colliding with the Openreach cabinet was to split the SSIDs!

View more options
Moderator
Moderator

@8allmyT Hi there, that's not the experience we'd want you to go through. We'd love to help!! I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will get back to you as soon as they can. Joe

View more options
3: Seeker

Filled in form from Vodafone. Waiting for call but this am download sync had risen to 18 Mbps with SNR at 9.8 dB. Maybe someone is working on it, or could be automatic I suppose, but worryingly I am still get brief disconnects shown in the Event Log typically 5, 10 or 15 seconds sometimes up to 2 minutes. Won't help to get to the guranteed minimum sync of 25 Mbps, but who knows. I wait in hope.

View more options