main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Download speed?

4: Newbie

ativated on 5/11/18  got 50mbs download until about 5 in evening then dropped off to 2-3 . rung about 5-6 times same old thing . then today engineer came nothing wrong with the line. said it can only be thr router or its being throttled back. since it works in the day, and it worked for sky b/b is this just me or are there others . this company promises alot but deliever little. i would like to leave with no penalty .

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
13: Advanced Member

Your problem may well be due to contention on the backhaul from the exchange.  I suggest that you contact the help desk, tell them that you want to leave as you are entitled to do in the first 30m days, then promptly apply for a service from a different supplier.

View more options

came to the same conclusion after speaking with engineer today, apparently the speed slows down on its own. think vodafone are a bit of a joke. will try and leave if i can get to talk to , or email someone. its abit hard to email if you dont have vodafone number. but thanks 

View more options
Highlighted

this is one of the better readings.
Snap 2018-11-21 at 20.40.51.png

View more options

Hi @donkey1959, I’m sorry you're having some problems with your service.

It does sound like we might have some congestion around peak times where you are, but there can be other reasons for this too.

I assume you’re testing your speed over an Ethernet connection, is that correct? Or are you using Wi-Fi?

Blair

View more options

dont worry im leaving

View more options