Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fake sync speed in broadband app

30ankit
3: Seeker

Since started using Vodafone bb seeing its app shows error when checking sync speed. Now normally i get decent speed but since last week it sucks ... tested today on lan cable at Speedtest.net and got 1.43 mbps of download speed while app on home page shows sync speed of 73mbps... unable to reach any kind of support anytime of day since last week.

10 REPLIES 10

ahhmedt

I have the same issue!!!!

HenryKissinger

I have the same issue. My download speed is usually 35Mbps, even in the evening, but over the last few days it has been 2-3Mbps. With the current pandemic I expect demand to be high but the massive drop in speed is ridiculous.

The issue is the network being oversubscribed, the sync speed is just what speed you are connected to the cabinet exchange. YOu could be sync'd at 500mb but if too many people are using what is available you will get speeds below that but your sync speed would be the same. The issue is the bandwidth is not available.  Vodafone don't care they just want your money!

@richardc1983 wrote:

The issue is the network being oversubscribed, the sync speed is just what speed you are connected to the cabinet exchange. YOu could be sync'd at 500mb but if too many people are using what is available you will get speeds below that but your sync speed would be the same. The issue is the bandwidth is not available.  Vodafone don't care they just want your money!

Thanks for the info. I totally agree with what you're saying. I've raised a complaint and have now been told I have an amber cablelink.

Going down to 1 or 2 mb download speed with a single wired connection is not acceptable. I need to ask my family and friends if the encounter  such an impact with their provider!!!

TBow88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Same here. I've had the connection to the DNS server drop and it still claims I have the same speeds. Total hoax and frankly worth reporting to trading standards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TBow88 It' not unusual for your Sync speed and speeds shown on third party speed testing sites to be a little different, and your Sync speed relates to the speeds going from the exchange to your router, and third party sites track your throughput speed, which is the speed from your router to the connected devices. 

if you're unsure if your Sync speed or Broadband app is incorrect, or you're experiencing slower speeds than usual, I'd recommend dropping us a message over Facebook or Twitter here, or giving our brilliant Technical team a call on 0333 3040 191. They'll be happy to take a look over your account and run some speed tests for you 😊

A little different!

Your support is staffed by clueless morons who will lie through their teeth to get rid of customers - i get the impression customer service employees are their to ##~## off customers so much they cant be bothered to ever call back.

YOUR CONNECTION APP IS BENT

Has anyone ever made a claim for compensation using the Vodafone connection app? I have vodafone crappy useless broadband for 6 months and it never worked properly from the day it was connected.

Most day its so slow its unusable but when i have tried to use the app to claim compo it whited out and the broadband speed box disappeared altogether making a compo claim impossible!

Funnily enough i came to the conclusion the that app was rigged so people couldn't make a claim and decided to look at taking legal action against vodafone - i set up the twitter handle @vodaclassaction and guess what, within a week i got an app update from vodafone and within seconds made a compo claim. Thing is, i really am taking action against vodafone and have a large well know company of solicitors investigating if vodafone did rig the app to avoid paying out to customers,. if solicitors take on the case it will be working on a no win no fee basis on a class action type lawsuit.

So anyone else had issues using the vodafone connection app?

find me on twitter @vodaclassaction