main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Falling Sync Rate on Superfast2 FTTC

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone,
Up until around April 2019 I had the full 80/20 Sync on voda superfast 2 for almost a full year.
Since then the download sync has been suddenly dropping in stages by 3 or 4 mbit/s every few weeks, then going back up again, then dropping again and is now at 62/20.

It did once peak back up to 70/20 about a month ago, but after a power cut which lasted for a few hours it returned to 62/20 when the power returned.

I've tried the voda tech support route, but found they are no more helpful than Garfield, my pet cat 

So by the looks of it, it's self help and asking for advice from others until my contract ends in November.

So i've tried another all in one router/modem, a TP-Link TD-W9970 in the BT Master socket with brand new filter and it's still the same so far. I have copy/pasted the (maybe limited) stats at the end of this message.

Please could anyone help or advise?

Many Thanks in advance.

tigger@tigger:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

username:admin
password:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome To Use TP-LINK COMMAND-LINE Interface Model.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TP-LINK(conf)#adsl

adsl show info

adsl show status
cmdUCC
TP-LINK(conf)#adsl show status

INDEX=1
{
enable=1
status=Up
dataPath=
lineNumber=0
lineEncoding=
modulationType=VDSL2
interleaveDepth=0
X_TP_AnnexType=Annex A/L
}
cmdUCC
TP-LINK(conf)#
tigger@tigger:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

username:admin
password:
Welcome To Use TP-LINK COMMAND-LINE Interface Model.
TP-LINK(conf)#adsl

adsl show info

adsl show status
cmdUCC
TP-LINK(conf)#adsl show info

INDEX=1
{
enable=1
X_TP_DisableAELEM=0
status=Up
linkEncapsulationRequested=
linkEncapsulationUsed=G.993.2_Annex_K_PTM
modulationType=VDSL2
lineEncoding=
allowedProfiles=8a,8b,8c,8d,12a,12b,17a,30a
currentProfile=17a
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_8a=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_8b=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_8c=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_8d=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_12a=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_12b=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_17a=1
X_TP_VDSLProfiles_30a=0
dataPath=
interleaveDepth=0
lineNumber=0
upstreamCurrRate=20000
downstreamCurrRate=62329
upstreamMaxRate=23564
downstreamMaxRate=75242
upstreamNoiseMargin=68
downstreamNoiseMargin=63
upstreamAttenuation=179
downstreamAttenuation=95
upstreamPower=35
downstreamPower=36
usNegBandPlanDiscPresentation=3
dsNegBandPlanDiscPresentation=3
SATNus=1,177,278,1023,1023
SATNds=123,219,354,1023,1023
LATNus=2,179,279,1023,1023
LATNds=95,221,354,1023,1023
SNRMarginus=68,71,67,-512,-512
SNRMarginds=62,63,62,-512,-512
transmitPowerUs=-67,-299,31,-1281,-1281
transmitPowerDs=101,74,74,-1281,-1281
ATURVendor=
ATURCountry=
ATUCVendor=
ATUCCountry=
totalStart=92279
showtimeStart=92253
quarterHourStart=0
X_TP_Bitswap=On
X_TP_SRA=Off
X_TP_AdslModulationCfg=Multimode
X_TP_AnnexType=Annex A/L
X_TP_SupportAdslMode=VDSL2:A;T1.413:A;G.lite:A;G.dmt:A;ADSL2:A,A/L;ADSL2+:A,M,A/L/M;Auto Sync-up:A,A/L,M,A/L/M
}
cmdUCC
TP-LINK(conf)#

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh no, I'm sorry this has happened @MarkFromPompey! I understand just how important it is to have a reliable broadband connection. Have you tried splitting the SSID or changing the channels on your router?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

Oh no, I'm sorry this has happened @MarkFromPompey! I understand just how important it is to have a reliable broadband connection. Have you tried splitting the SSID or changing the channels on your router?

View more options

@Loz wrote:

Whats the SSID or channels got to do with the sync rate/speed? 

P.S. To answer your question, Yes I did, within 5 minutes of me first connecting to your service back around over a year ago. As soon as I discovered they were not split and jumping around like yoyo's to channels that didn't work well on auto.

View more options

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding @MarkFromPompey If you're still unable to connect to your Broadband service, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter, with your Full name, Account number/Landline number and Postcode and one of our Broadband tteam will be happy ot take a closer look into this for you 🔎

View more options

Hi MarkFromPompey

I see your posts have now been marked as solved, how did you solve it?

View more options

@sneakysnake wrote:

Hi MarkFromPompey

I see your posts have now been marked as solved, how did you solve it?

Sadly it's not solved.

I only clicked best answer because that was the best answer they can give so far 

Anyway, I have tried two other all-in-one modem/routers and it's still the same.

However, I noticed that vectoring is not enabled, so I'm guessing that is the problem.

View more options

@Mark wrote:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding @MarkFromPompey If you're still unable to connect to your Broadband service, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter, with your Full name, Account number/Landline number and Postcode and one of our Broadband tteam will be happy ot take a closer look into this for you 🔎

Not had a reply through facebook after 24 hours... Whats going on mate?

View more options