Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube and MMOs gaming

Andf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am considering a Gigacube 5G subscription and I was wondering it provide a fast and reliable connection for MMO games (e.g. WoW, ESO, SWTOR).

Is there anyone here who can provide some feedback?

I am aware of the fact that some games are not working to Gigacube due to NAT issues, hit that shouldn’t be a problem for MMO.

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gigacube 5G is no different to 5G on a phone - indoors.  Most of the time it's good, but the speeds vary tremendously depending on how far you are from the local mast (and that mast may not be 5G!), obstacles, and how busy the mast is.

Also, Double NAT can be an issue for gaming - it generally doesn't slow things down it just means that you are unlikely to receive all your data packets!  If you hunt on these forums for "Gigacube" most of the issues relate to Double NAT and gaming!

It may be worth looking at VF's competitors, who also offer unlimited broadband over the mobile network, but without the Double NAT!

I see... not reassuring :Sad_face:

many thanks, Sir!

gordon8wp
4: Newbie

Yeah, it's ping is not so great, as it could be. Sometimes it's really much easier to relax and play in something casual, like online crypto related games, like wheel cryptogame from Tower Bet. They have dozens of different gambling games, where you can earn real Bitcoins, but I prefer a mentioned one. You simply test your luck and trying to win as much as you want.