Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast 900

SOWIR
2: Seeker

Had Gigafast installed last week. Went for the 900mbps package.

Speeds were good for over a week but now for the last 3 days I'm lucky to get 30mbps down while upload speed remains fine. Line is fine from City Fibre cabinet as installers did a new install at a neighbours property yesterday so asked him to run a quick test.

Tried with a UK Location using Express VPN suddenly speeds increased on download to 150mbps+ turn the vpn off and I'm back to 20mbps-30mbps

Seems somewhere on the vodafone transit network is broken or overloaded and throttling these download speeds. 3 Days waiting for tech support to come back to me. 

Anyone experienced similar issues... try the usual stuff changing the dns servers in the router etc. This isn't a line problem or internal network problem but somewhere is broken on the Vodafone transit route.

Im based in West Yorkshire but seem to be using the gateway 84.65.0.1 anyone else with the same gateway not experiencing these slow speeds? 

33 REPLIES 33

SeanGVod

Yes. I’m on G500 in pudsey. Last few days I’m down to 20-30mbps download. Upload is fine though at over 500mbps. 

It’s never missed a beat until now. Reset modem to factory settings. Reset ONT box. Same story. Logged a ticket and an engineer is supposedly going to be in touch about a site visit. But doubt there is anything wrong with my equipment. (Oo err)

Yes just down the road in Bramley.

Can you check in your router 192.168.1.1 choose expert mode at the top and see which Gateway you are running through.

Its on the Status & Support page.

I've just had a call from a very nice lady from Tier 2 support but as always with these things its an error on wifi so need wired results etc. I believe there gateway at 84.65.0.1 is overloaded or broken or something on there infrastructure is restricting download speeds. 

Its not a line issue I had the City Fibre guys test while they installed next doors yesterday and when using Express VPN wifi will get 10 times the speed I get on vodafones nextwork direct

Same gateway as you. 

whether it’s a coincidence or not but I had sky q installed last week and have downloaded some catch up in UHD. Wondering if there is throttling taking place. 

I’m also certain it’s not my line - upload is fine. 

I haven't really downloaded anything of note but that is what the Gigafast is for really so can't see it been usage throttling. I will let you know the outcome here as Ive just fired off some speedtest screenshots which are to be forwarded to the Level 3 support. 

If you have access to a VPN try use a UK london location and let me know the download speeds you get. The vpn route seems to travel away from the vodafone network giving a better download speed (obviously we won't get the full 500 up/down when using the vpn)

Currently on chat with them. Say they are running tests. Not confidence inspiring tbh. 

just now I got as low as 2.77mbps download. 

ping has improved slightly to 10 but usually get 2 or 3. And upload has now reduced to 330 (vs 540 earlier). 

Something weird is happening now. iPhone. Connects to Wi-Fi. Start Speedtest app. Switches to 4G. Close Speedtest app. Seconds later Wi-Fi returns. 

why?

Download still appears to be capped at 30mbps.

Vodafone this is your flagship product which is a huge job in partnership with City Fibre to lay fibre cables to every property in chosen Cities. And this is the speed I am recieving. 

Please sort this ASAP

Screenshot_5.png

Same story this morning. Pings are a little better at 9ms and download as much as 40. Upload still at max 540. 

Waste of time chatting online. Suspect it will be the same with telephone support but will try later. 

Still ongoing... Still not got the problem to Tier 3. 

Possibly the worse customer service I have ever experienced!