Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast 900

SOWIR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had Gigafast installed last week. Went for the 900mbps package.

Speeds were good for over a week but now for the last 3 days I'm lucky to get 30mbps down while upload speed remains fine. Line is fine from City Fibre cabinet as installers did a new install at a neighbours property yesterday so asked him to run a quick test.

Tried with a UK Location using Express VPN suddenly speeds increased on download to 150mbps+ turn the vpn off and I'm back to 20mbps-30mbps

Seems somewhere on the vodafone transit network is broken or overloaded and throttling these download speeds. 3 Days waiting for tech support to come back to me. 

Anyone experienced similar issues... try the usual stuff changing the dns servers in the router etc. This isn't a line problem or internal network problem but somewhere is broken on the Vodafone transit route.

Im based in West Yorkshire but seem to be using the gateway 84.65.0.1 anyone else with the same gateway not experiencing these slow speeds? 

33 REPLIES 33

I had exactly the same issue on my 900Mbps service literally the first weekend after installation, same thing when on VPN, upload fine, etc etc. Try watching multiple 4/8k youtube videos, you probably find they are working great also.

I logged a fault and they did 'something', dont know what im afraid and its been fine ever since, get 920/940 down/up all day everyday.

Mine has been faultless since install. No drop outs. Solid speed over 500mbps down and up. 

Help chat has been unhelpful other than logging the fault. They had no idea about maintenance or other issues. Said they were reliant on city fibre but they at least need a way of communicating so that faults are shared so they don’t just assume it’s a problem in the home. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your service @SOWIR and @SeanGVod. Let's see if we can get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your accounts to allow us to investigate every avenue, pop our Social Media team a private message with a link to this thread, your community ID, your full name and your account/landline number and one of our dedicated team will pick this up for you 😊

Woke this morning to find all is back to normal. Not sure what the issue was though and how likely it is to happen again?

Still same issues here. These are wifi speeds so Im not concerned about the upload speed just the complete lack of download speed.

Has your gateway changed in the router by any chance? 

SOWIR_0-1606817741871.png

Yes. Gateway has changed to 84.65.128.1

Ye im still stuck on 84.65.0.1

Even after a couple of reboots

Down again. Very annoyed this time. Totally down. Sporadically will load half a webpage. Can’t get any Speedtest. It’s been logged. Been on chat for almost 2 hours. That’s 2 major outages in 2 weeks. 

Woke up to find it is back to normal. No explanation. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys @SeanGVod @SOWIR, I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially at a time like this.

I would advise speaking to our dedicated Gigafast team on 0808 040 8408, they'll have the systems and means to be able to look into this for you and see why your speeds are fluctuating. I hope this helps 😊