main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Gigafast outage in Milton keynes. Can no longer ping VF DNS servers

4: Newbie

Hi. As of 1540 I can no longer ping 90.255.255.90 or 90.255.255.255 which are the primary and secondary DNS servers on my gigafast connection. Resolution broken as a result.

Ping to default gateway 212.158.250.37 is ok but did wobble at 1600 when it went as long as 3000+ms

View more options
8 REPLIES 8

Ping to VF DNS is back but 8.8.8.8 still broken as of 1720. Was back for 15 pings so someone fiddling!

View more options
Highlighted

and VF DNS has gone again... 

View more options

Hey @ctmkuk, sorry to hear your have some problems with your broadband. 

Our Gigafast broadband has a dedicated team that can look into this.  You can contact the Gigafast support team buy calling 191, free from a Vodafone mobile. Also you can call 03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply)

Blair

View more options

Hi Balir. Apologies for the thread hijack but I spent an hour trying to get through on 191 the other night. No-one seemed to know what gigafast was and when I did get hold of someone who knew which team to pass it onto, they said they couldn't log a case as the "team has gone home". Is that what you'd expect? 

View more options

Hi Blair. Is there a more direct number to get to the gigafast team. Had lots of issues on Friday trying to get through. I suspect it may have been more complicated as I was using my work mobile which is VF Enterprise. But the IVR and no-one I spoke to knew how to get me through to gigafast. Eventually got someone but they couldn't do anything as gigafast team had gone home... couldn't even log a ticket to setup a call back!!  

View more options

@ctmkuk Hi there,  we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. What time did you call in at? There's a dedicated team that deals with Gigafast and any fault does have to be raised through them.  If you call the previous number and ask them to transfer you through. If you dial 03333 040 191 and go through the broadband details, it should get you through to the team that'll know what number to transfer you to. Joe

View more options

Hi Joe. It was 1900 Friday. Was fixed Saturday afternoon so 24 hour outage.

View more options

@ctmkuk I'm glad its resolved for you. If you do need help dial the number I gave you and follow broadband router. that will get you through to the standard Broadband team who'll be able to transfer you to the Gigafast team ASAP. Joe

View more options