main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

I need some help please !!

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi there, I’m supposed to be getting 60mb broadband .... I do get it ... first thing every morning ! In the evenings when I want to watch anything I’m getting between 5mb and 9mb 👎🏻 This is totally unacceptable and I’ve spoke to an online advisor who told me to change to a channel that’s less congested ... I’ve done that and no change, yet they said it would be super fast once I made this change ? I’ve only had this a month since moving house and it’s absolutely terrible, I’ve hardly been able to watch anything in 4k on my new tv as the broadband can’t handle it, everything's buffering 👎🏻 I’m guessing there’s going to be no help for me but thought I’d give this a go ...

cheers 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
16: Advanced member

Okay - so the advisor that you've spoken to absolutely clueless!

If when you've only a single device connected the download speed drops significantly below the sync speed, but only at certain times of the day, then it suggests there is either a problem with the network switches in the route your data is taking outside your property, or there is local congestion on the Vodafone (or possibly BT Openreach) network.

How do you get it fixed?  You'll have to try customer services again (I'd suggest webchat), and hope that you can eventually get through to a tech who has more than just a single brain cell and a call script!

*If you have described your problem correctly then there is nothing that you can do, within your home network to correct it!

**The worry is that around October/November of last year, many users suffered similar issues, which took 4+ months to fix!  And the cause of that problem, well it appeared to a dodgy firmware update on some network switches that had "unforeseen consequences"!

View more options

Hey @AdzRiddell, I'm really sorry to hear you're not getting the speeds you should be. One of our team will be happy to access your account and run some diagnostics for you. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options