cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I want to say thanks for the highest speeds I've achieved here!

Jalu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just wanted to say thank you to Vodafone for the easy switch and best speeds I've recieved from any ISP at my property! I've also been pleasantly surprised by the very friendly customer service, genuinely some of the happiest and most helpful customer service reps I've spoke too! 

I'm syncing at 95Mbps and getting throughput between 75 - 77Mbps! The Vox 3.0 is a huge improvement over any of the other big name ISP's router modem combo I've tried (BT, TalkTalk, Sky, Zen). http://speed.ui.com/?result=5d76cda1dfaa2a000615f8d1&fbclid=IwAR3zXubmv8zHykJr0d1MoqXreFIKGeH4JBpu7g...

So thanks again I hope my service continues to work at these levels and will be encouraging friends and family to join! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That could be down to multiple factors, how are you measuring the speed on the PS3? I know for a fact the PS3 network is not as capable since the store was partially shut down, now you can only access games to download which were already purchased.

Online gaming so speeds aren't going to be what they once were because the network has been downgraded as the PS4 is current gen and those resources are being prioritied for PS4 users.

Plus you don't need more than 10Mbps down and 4Mbps up for a decent online gaming experience as long as you've got a low ping and minimal jitter, if you try with a PC/PS4/Xbone I'm sure you'll results will be different. 

Don't rely on one device to determine your throughput using a last gen console with limited online capabilties as it will not be giving you a real estimate of your throughput, just the speed between you and Sony's PS3 servers and limited throughput will be down to Sony at this point as I previously mentioned the downgrading of the PS3 network.

Use a combination of;

Samknows: https://www.samknows.com/

Speedtest.net: https://speedtest.net/

Ubiquti Speedtest: http://speed.ui.com/

Netflix Speedtest: https://fast.com/en/gb/

Using a combination of these will determin you actual speeds as well as helping you find possible routing faults and as Samknows is a UK goverment/Ofcom recognised organation this means with any information you to Vodafone will be accepted and actually used to help fix that issue. 

If you need more help, please start a new thread with ALL the above results and Vodafone and the community will be happy to help!

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

fivegoldstars
4: Newbie

Lucky you. My router tells me I'm achieving 80/20, but my wired Ps3 says otherwise... IMG_20190910_202348.jpg

100kbps upload?!? ##~##? 

That could be down to multiple factors, how are you measuring the speed on the PS3? I know for a fact the PS3 network is not as capable since the store was partially shut down, now you can only access games to download which were already purchased.

Online gaming so speeds aren't going to be what they once were because the network has been downgraded as the PS4 is current gen and those resources are being prioritied for PS4 users.

Plus you don't need more than 10Mbps down and 4Mbps up for a decent online gaming experience as long as you've got a low ping and minimal jitter, if you try with a PC/PS4/Xbone I'm sure you'll results will be different. 

Don't rely on one device to determine your throughput using a last gen console with limited online capabilties as it will not be giving you a real estimate of your throughput, just the speed between you and Sony's PS3 servers and limited throughput will be down to Sony at this point as I previously mentioned the downgrading of the PS3 network.

Use a combination of;

Samknows: https://www.samknows.com/

Speedtest.net: https://speedtest.net/

Ubiquti Speedtest: http://speed.ui.com/

Netflix Speedtest: https://fast.com/en/gb/

Using a combination of these will determin you actual speeds as well as helping you find possible routing faults and as Samknows is a UK goverment/Ofcom recognised organation this means with any information you to Vodafone will be accepted and actually used to help fix that issue. 

If you need more help, please start a new thread with ALL the above results and Vodafone and the community will be happy to help!

It isn't the online gaming speed - it's the internet connection diagnostic test. It has nothing to do with the PSN.

Other speed tests show the same thing. Currently 4mbs down, 1 up. Can't watch iplayer on the Ps3, or Netflix. Connecting my phone and tablet gets the same results, if not a little worse as they are on wifi.Screenshot_20190910_212732_com.chrome.beta.jpg

The way you explained it in your op it was looking like a PS3 PSN issue as you only stated about the PS3 having speed issues.

At this point you need to start a new post and report a speed fault to Vodafone and follow the troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue. If you're using Vodafone equipment (router) Vodafone will support interal faults, if you are getting an 80/20 sync speed to the router you're going to either have a device that is using all your bandwidth, a faulty router, wifi interferance/poor signal or an internal network fault.

In your forum post make sure all speed tests are completed on a wired connection directly to the router rather than wifi or through a network switch as the results from the router are what we will need to help. Posting here we won't be able to assist we need all the above information on your own post. Wifi results can't be accepted as wifi can vary massivly from device to device depending on age and the wifi chip used in said device. 

I understand this can be quite frustrating, but keeping patient and polite is the key and will help us better understand the fault to enable you to get back up and running  but with it looking like an interal issue this should be quite an easy fix once we have all the information we need on a new post, thanks!

Feel free to post the link to the forum post here so I can help you fix the fault as well as the other members. 

I also forgot to mention please screenshot and post the router DSL stats page in full so we can get a full picture of the incoming line stats, thanks! 

It isn't bandwidth - I've been isolating the tests by using one connected device. It isn't an internal network fault, or WiFi issue, as I've used different devices, connected directly by Lan cable.

Speeds have been variable in the day, but are clearly throttled to the max at night. This is a problem with the service itself, pure and simple.

I'm not prepared to do the whole customer services dance - I shall simply terminate. 

If you believe you have a line issue then changing providers won’t help with that,   I would suggest you need to raise a speed fault so Openreach would investigate and fix the issue if it was a line issue.

But as you’re syncing at 80/20 then it’s defiantly a behind modem > ie internal network fault. If you’re in contract you’ll have to pay an early termination fee as you stated you’re getting the max line sync rate (if there was a line fault you would be put on dslam impacted sync speeds to the modem of 55Mbps and would have automatically raised a fault with Openreach) so you currently have no grounds to get a free termination, just to make you aware. 

FYI using a single device to isolate won’t be enough to prove a fault as that decide could be faulty you will

need everything in my previous post, as you need to show it’s network wide and not just on one potential faulty device/router. 

If you need more advise please create a post as hijacking a thread isn’t going to get you help you need.

As you’re terminating I will no longer be responding unless you would like

to open a thread to get help, thanks! 

I never said it was a line issue - I've just come from Now TV where I was getting a constant 30mb on their lowest package. Previously I was with Sky and getting the same.

This is clearly a throttling/inability to cope with load issue at Vodafone, as per the many other threads on here.

I have previously stated that this issue has been shown to be repeated across multiple devices when used in isolation. Unfortunately, the screen shots I have posted aren't showing. Perhaps I a day or two they will have uploaded. 

Sorry if you see this as thread hijacking - I was just giving a counter to your 'everything is awesome' post.

In all honesty, I'd prefer to get a response from Vodafone reps anyway.

Yes I can see that it was to counter my it’s working well, but not enough customers come here to say thanks mostly just to get help with issues.

The issue is that isn’t going to get you a fix, as you’ve stated you won’t post here and don’t want to deal with customer service, I am just advising you on the situation and unfortunately you are rejecting help and instead countering ‘everything is awesome.’ 

I worked for Openreach for 14 years and wanted to assist anyway I can for the limited information and changing of fault you gave as it seemed at the time you wanted help, but unfortunately it is clear that is not the case! 

People are here to and want to help, that’s the whole point coming here to hijack a thread to counter seems pointless and counter intuitive where there is a huge community of experienced experts such as myself who are assisting customers to get the correct and right help. Even less experienced users help loads and provide helpful information to other customers in need of assistance. 

the issues you have now described would indicate either your dslam is oversubscribed or your line card in the dslam is overloaded - the only way to fix that is to raise a speed fault through Vodafone so Openreach can either move you to a new port on a different line card or route you to less subscribed dslam. So the issue is defiantly not with Vodafone even though it might seem like it, and I can promise you terminating will not fix that. I’ve been so many,  many properties saying they want to do the same and once they’ve switched myself or another team member would be back doing the above which fixes the issue. 

Anyway that’s my two cents, yes happily speak to a Vodafone rep if you prefer - you know where the forum is when  you need help, good luck!