Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Inconsistent download speed

BomberFett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is driving me insane customer service are getting me no where and my connection has been like this since joining, I'm on 900mb fibre and my download speeds are incredibly inconsistent it's ridiculous.

All wired connections I'm talking about but I could download one thing on my xbox, playstation, Mac etc. and I won't even reach my minimum I have videos barely hitting 50mbps but then I could download something else and get full speed! sometimes wireless is even faster than my wired?? I've tried new cables etc. I just want to know what the problem could be so any help is appreciated 

Running speed test on speed test . net pretty much always gives me 900mb download so when im actually downloading why is my speed being restricted so much? I believe Vodafone doesn't have a Fair usage policy or are not meant to restrict speed in anyway.

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@BomberFett Sometimes it's nothing to do with VF but the source from which you are downloading. For example I never get Windows updates at maximum speed because it all down to the federated distribution method Microsoft use. Having said that there are times when it depends on which VF gateway you are connect to. Can you run a traceroute to bbc.com and post the result (not a picture) and remember to edit out your router's external IP address.

Ripshod

Expect a dodgy spam link to SABnzbd from @mmega peeps.