main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Internet speed down to 15mbps but fine on Xbox One S

Highlighted
2: Seeker

So i noticed my wifi was a bit slow. I split the channels and connected to 5ghz to test it all out and got 12mbps. I stuck an ethernet cable into my laptop (for the record, the one out of my Xbox) and got 14mbps. I spoke to Vodafone and after being told to remove the front plate from my phone socket and connect via microfilter they said "there is an issue externally it will be resolved within 48 hours." I am still getting 63+ into the router according to the app and had to ask for the discount to be added. I have a ticket raised right now but I don't believe there is an issue coming into the house, I think its the router.  I stream on Twitch for some extra income and have had the same issues i have seen on here of buffering or stopping and it makes me unsure if my stream is even going out. I don't want to have to pay for a VPN service to check this and I also wouldn't have a clue how to install one onto my Xbox. 

When I was sitting waiting for my games to update earlier I spotted a speed higher than i had seen in a while (45-50mbps) so I installed a browser and speed tested it. It maxed out at 55mbps so this to me says this isn't a service issue outside but something is going on with the router and the Xbox is on a direct line out somehow. 

I have to admit I am not as techy as some people on here (i know how to connect to the router but that is as far as i can get before my brain melts) but if anyone has any clue how to resolve this I would be grateful. Even if someone can say its not just me who has had this issue would be great. 

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
14: Advanced member

its not you , there are loads of vodafone customers all saying the same thing , 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/2619260

View more options

Hey there @ramboacdc, it sounds like you actually have more than one issue here.

We’ve obviously resolved a fault on your line that would impact your service, which is great, but this might not have been the main reason for your poor speeds.

If your service is testing ok now, and you’re still having an issue with the speed, then we need to look at other reasons for this.

Our 3rd line team are already investigating an issue that’s affecting a small number of users, mainly when streaming video though content providers like Amazon Prime etc. Twitch has been mentioned a lot too. We’re not actively slowing your service down for these services, so we’re having to look further back on the network.

Are you able to take any screenshots of speed tests while connected over ethernet? It would be useful to see what throughput speed you have when streaming on Twitch, compared to simply browsing a website or checking e-mails.

Blair

View more options
4: Newbie

In my own opinion there is a major problem with the Vodafone network. Having been stuck with speeds of 5-8mb when the router is connected at 65mb. Then being told various reasons such as the BT socket, Wifi Channels, DNS servers are wrong. Also being told that no to use Vodafone's own speedtest server because its overloaded. 

After 3 months of complaining, I finally managed to leave Vodafone penalty free and move to BT.  And look at my speedtest results now? This was done whilst still using 4 devices on my network as well as streaming all at the same time.  My new router synced at the same speed as vodafone's just I get the speed i am paying for.

please make sure when doing a speedtest use single.speedtest.net and NOT speedtest.net also manullay select Vodafone's own server as its on there own network so should be fastest ?

Good luck, It seems Vodafone are stalling by blaming anything but there own network.  a Small number of customers is probably 75% of connectedf customers - see my speedtest as proof.

VF.PNG

View more options
3: Seeker

I'm getting the same garbage answers, my Xbox runs at 50% of the speed my router is recieving on aa wired connection. Accordin to Vodafone is everyone else's fault not there's. Going to have to buy a new router and try that

View more options

sorry but we need more info if you want answers 

View more options
3: Seeker

My pc on speed test has DL of 50mb UL 20mb, my Xbox one had DL 22MB UL 15MB using Ethernet cable, tried different cables and ports

View more options

whats is the xbox like on wifi 

the router does share the speed to all the devices on your home network , some devices may had more priority over other devices. there is a setting on the router to change the speed on the home network but i can't check as im on vodafone but dont use the vodafone router and i can't remember where it is or what it does  .you maybe have to be under expert mode 

some router do work better on a home network with how it shares the load 

if your xbox is getting 22mb why is that a issue or am i missing some thing 

View more options