main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Internet speed

Highlighted
3: Seeker

New Vodafone customer, joined last week. My Vodafone app is saying my router is getting 56mbps and rarely varies. However my WiFi speed and also Ethernet speed (seperate test, similar results) are ok in the morning, I topped 50mbps this morning but as the day goes on they get worse. Totally unusable to stream or play the PS4 in the evenings. Is this normal? I was previously with BT and that rarely went below 40mbps during the evening. I raised a fault with Vodafone who have come back to me to say it’s all fixed however the issue is still there tonight. 

After reading a few posts on here about other people’s problems I’m not sure I’ll be with Vodafone for much longer.

3 REPLIES 3

Panic over, I’ve just read some more posts, will definitely be cancelling, it’s totally unusable which is a shame. 

My next question is can I just sign up to another provider or do I need to speak to Vodafone first?

View more options
6: Helper

You should be able to contact the broadband supplier you wish to join.

Explain your situation to them, and they should be able to take it from there.

View more options

Well that’s me gone as well now.  Should never have left BT. Signed back up to them on the top package with their new mesh router. £120 voucher and amazon echo.

Had to watch the match tonight tethered to my mobile as the broadband was unusable yet again.  3rd of March can’t come soon enough, kids can’t stream anything, both me and my partner need solid connections for work and no PS4 for some downtime.  Hopefully someone can take Vodafone’s issues further because they shouldn’t be able to get away with this

View more options