Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet speed

johannes
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello!!!

My office is in Birmingham, and we are connected to the vodafone network. We currently have a 20mbps download speed. Is it feasible to speed up the internet to run different apps [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @johannes 

You can check what is expected in regards to speeds for your area  for Mobile Internet and Home Broadband by using the Vodafone network/status-checker. 

Vodafone also has a help and tips guide along with a temp,ate you can use so the Vodafone Social Media Teams can fake a look at your answers to see if they can assist.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @johannes 

You can check what is expected in regards to speeds for your area  for Mobile Internet and Home Broadband by using the Vodafone network/status-checker. 

Vodafone also has a help and tips guide along with a temp,ate you can use so the Vodafone Social Media Teams can fake a look at your answers to see if they can assist.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Is this a business line or a standard FTTC consumer line.

Business line.

Jayach

As is is a business broadband line it should have a different support route to the normal consumer service and I don't know the details of that.

However if it is delivered over FTTC via a telephone line it will have the same speed constraints as a consumer line and that is the distance from your local Openreach cabinet.

I would normally advise consumer customers to see what speed Openreach think their line is capable of, and that can be seen here: BT Broadband (btwholesale.com).

If the checker says the line should be capable of higher speeds (we are talking sync speeds, not download speeds) than you are getting then it is necessary to confirm all is good with the connection to the phone line at your end and then put  in a call to get the line tested.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have never dealt with the business lines.