Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet sync speed more than halved

gonchuk74
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - I have had unlimited Fibre 76 for nearly 18 months of a 2 year contract. When 1st setup I could only achieve around 35 mbps - which was actually fine for me as, after checking, there was no way I could have got much over 40mbps due to distance to the fibre cabinet (800m).

Over the past few weeks I have started noticing poor performance when streaming, conferencing and downloading files for work. I checked last night and my sync speed is 15.2 mbps!

I have restarted my router and tried replacing the DSL cable to the master socket and still get the same poor sync speed.

If I go to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL I can see that this poor observed speed has been happening since at least 23rd October (see attached)

I have been at this property for several years and 3 FFTC suppliers (Sky,  Plusnet and now Vodafone) and my speeds have not waivered from mid 30's. There have been no changes to the internal wiring in my house.

Can someone please investigate my line as now there are more people at home, the speed is impacting our ability to work.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately you will need to contact Vodafone directly, either via their social media channels or by phone as they are unable to do anything via this forum.

Good Luck

Cheers Jayach -  and thanks for the heads up.

Have FB messaged them, and linked to this message so I don't have to retype everything!